Quick Question Thread

When they're showing horse-racing on the telly (you can see the kind of pubs I frequent), why do they show odds of 10-3 advertised as 100-30 Bar. And what does the Bar even mean?

A/ more likely to stick £30 on a horse as opposed to £3 so it makes sense. Plus 'Burlington Bertie' rhymes.

B/ 'Bar' as in 'Bar those already mentioned' whether it is referring to all bar the favourite or all bar those quoted.

A/ more likely to stick £30 on a horse as opposed to £3 so it makes sense. Plus 'Burlington Bertie' rhymes.

B/ 'Bar' as in 'Bar those already mentioned' whether it is referring to all bar the favourite or all bar those quoted.

I see what you're saying Bing, but why not advertise all odds so punters fire more money on? i.e. instead of 9-1, make it 90-10?

And wtf is Burlington Bertie? So many questions :)

You'll give the game up, Rico.

We silently move in, building by building, then one morning they wake up and live in the East, East End of Glasgow and tooled up groups of GCC storm troopers are "disappearing" any c**t silly enough to ask for salt and sauce and say "eh" after every sentence.

That's all a joke by the way, I know how fucking touchy folk on here get about this.

Eh, :angry:

Hi guys, thought I'd post this in this thread and ask for some advice here. Maybe not a quick question, but here goes.

I'm looking to get back into playing football as I've been told to by my doctor to get lots of exercise. I'm not particularly unhealthy (I'm pretty skinny), but I need to get my heart high burst work outs as it's quite weak.

I'm 28, and have been training in the gym to get fitter and in shape and I'm basically looking for a Saturday/Sunday league team to join in Glasgow, ideally in the Queens Park/southside area. I'm not very good as I haven't played in ages, so I would be there to make up numbers I suppose. (Maybe do some 5 a sides with the guys on this forum after the World Cup first.) Does anyone know where I could go - perhaps on this forum - to register interest, or if anyone is in a team that could help me out? I suppose it'll help me meet people too.

Thanks in advance.

I keep finding dead birds in my garden, I know it's the neighbours cat that is stalking and killing them. I've seen it do. now without killing the little fucker, what can I do to stop this?

I keep finding dead birds in my garden, I know it's the neighbours cat that is stalking and killing them. I've seen it do. now without killing the little fucker, what can I do to stop this?

That excuse didn't cut it for Fred West and it won't cut it for you.

Booked a ticket for me and my mate for the Eurostar. His real name is Roland, but everyone calls him Roly. Of course, like a total doofus, I stuck down his nickname instead of his real name... although his surname is correct.

When you're booking, they don't ask you for any passport details, d/o/b etc. However, it says on their site that names cannot be changed on a booking under any circumstances.

So what are the chances of us (i.e. him) getting away with it do you think?

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

Guest honestrae95

I'm doing a kind of World Cup of beers so trying to get a hold of global beers outwith the usual pish that's all brewed in the UK anyway, anyone know anywhere in Ayrshire that sells world beers?

Get on to the beer thread and Monster will no doubt give you the answer. Aldi in Prestwick had a decent selection the last time I was in, with quite a few German, Belgian and even a Luxembourg beer. I'd try Lidl too.

Get on to the beer thread and Monster will no doubt give you the answer. Aldi in Prestwick had a decent selection the last time I was in, with quite a few German, Belgian and even a Luxembourg beer. I'd try Lidl too.

Cheers, I've got a wee list of some decent ones but can't really be bothered ordering online unless I have to.

Booked a ticket for me and my mate for the Eurostar. His real name is Roland, but everyone calls him Roly. Of course, like a total doofus, I stuck down his nickname instead of his real name... although his surname is correct.
When you're booking, they don't ask you for any passport details, d/o/b etc. However, it says on their site that names cannot be changed on a booking under any circumstances.
So what are the chances of us (i.e. him) getting away with it do you think?

You can stop panicking everyone... phoned them up and pleaded stupidity, and the lovely French man said it would be okay to use the ticket anyway.