The New Raith Rovers Thread

Think this shows the difference between Murray and McKinnon. The waiting game played by McKinnon in not rushing in for just any old striker and waiting for what seems to be a cracking young lad with loads of potential shows McKinnons professionalism.

Coupled with young Connelly I really think that 4th place is now a strong strong possibility and it's got me absolutely buzzin for Saturday.

Onwards and upwards COYR

Steady, he could just as easily be Leicester's Craig Wighton. Let's see how he does first.

HSWHW scored 18 league goals in season 2012-13. Who was our last striker to score 20 league goals and what was the season?

I'm assuming it was Dalziel?

It was Dalziel and Brewster during the same season. Dalziel got 33 and Brewster got 22.

Did that happen in the same season? Bloody hell I was born 10 years too late.

Yes. You want to see some of the goals Brewster scored that season. I lost count of the number of 25-35 yarders he scored. He did it to St Mirren twice, once from a free-kick and once from open play.

We never lost a game at Starks that season.

Edited by Scary Bear

Yes. You want to see some of the goals Brewster scored that season. I lost count of the number of 25-35 yarders he scored. He did it to St Mirren twice, once from a free-kick and once from open play.

You oldies have had all the fun. I reckon in my 19 years of following the Rovers I've had one truly brilliant day - the day we won the 2nd under McGlynn. I popped my ankle ligaments on the morning of the challenge cup final, my last ever game of football, and spent the entirety of the game in A&E at the Royal. I was in the Novar with everyone afterwards but it just wasn't the same.

I think that's why I've got much higher tolerance to match performances than others, I've never experienced the proper highs.

Steady, he could just as easily be Leicester's Craig Wighton. Let's see how he does first.

Fair play this could be the case. He might turn out shite but he'll still be our shite for the rest of the season (as it looks) and until then I'm staying positive, we really are just a clinical instinct away from a really strong team for this level.

He might be another wighton or he might turn out to be a bit like casa was a few years back, we can only hope for the best

Aberdeen away and Rangers in the cup final are my two favorite times. Been going regularly for a decade and those two stand out. Aberdeen because nobody gave us a chance. Rangers because even before the game we knew they were shit, it was just the exhilaration of seeing 15,000 of their horrible fans streaming for the exits and our battered, knackered team sprint over to our fans. Think I went over about 12 rows when Bairdy scored.

Probably a bit of an exaggeration, but it feels like I saw Brewster score more goals from 20+ yards in two seasons than I have seen in total from Rovers in the 20 odd years since. What a shot he had on him.

Highlights of the seventies for me was winning the supporters club bus sweep at Love Street, the full time score was 0-0

The other was the Scottish Cup win away to Peterhead, I got my nose split open by a Native American roughneck who was onshore from the rigs and obviously bored, what a fucking decade the seventies were following the Rovers.