The New Raith Rovers Thread

Moaning for the sake of it? Are you actually being serious?!?

I'd rather we have a lesser budget for next season and do something for our own fans then by bending over and taking one from Rangers. We will make nowhere near £30k from doing this. If there's 1500 fans going in there why not move all season ticket holders from South Stand into the Main Stand and get an extra 3500 Rangers fans into there instead? By your calculations that'd get us £70k and who gives a damn about the home fans when we can bathing in all those £20 notes!

As for Ramsdens not being about the money, of course it was. How many times did we hear "but think of the money you could make of it being at Ibrox?". We said no as we wanted to have the best opportunity at beating them. By doing this we are losing a huge element of home advantage. The ground will be surrounded by away fans and I can guarantee there will be a number of home fans who now stay away from the match.

As for fans of other clubs...well Dundee, Dundee Utd and Rangers to name but a few.

Honestly don't tell me I'm moaning for the sake of it mate.

I'd suggest that moving a final to the home of our opponent, is considerably dafter than asking some folk to budge up a bit on a one off occasion.

If the cost of extra police, wiped out the extra gate money that comes in, then the club wouldn't be suggesting it. Surely that's obvious?

I can understand folk feeling a bit put out, but I find it bizarre that folk can get their knickers in a knot over it.

We are currently 4th and we're all hoping we'll still be in a fight for a play-off place come the time of this match. So why effectively give up home advantage? And before anyone says we're not, having an extra load of away fans occupying the Main Stand and therefore, along with the McDermid and Keytech Stand's, the majority of the ground will do just that psychologically.

Aye, dunno how the players are going to cope without having the Main Stand roar behind them.

How much are the club actually going to make from this?

It seems to me that it's not going to be tens of thousands that'll be made here.

at!

If we're all about the money, we'd have been better giving them the South Stand. From memory, the Main Stand holds about 2000 which is plenty for us these days.

Aye, dunno how the players are going to cope without having the Main Stand roar behind them.

Shut it you, we have presence. They hear the rustle of our sweetie papers and know we're behind them...well, over to the side and behind them.

Not a great decision. Understandable, but not great.

I suspect the club/FFP//whoever mentioned it could be using the Police as a scapegoat, but if not they should be told to shove it up their arse.

I suppose if we were capable of filling the home allocation this wouldn't be an issue. I don't think it's for the benefit of the Fife Loyal either - I think the attendances in the home end of our three home matches with them show they can't even be arsed getting down to Stark's Park to watch their 'beloved' team.

Wouldn't be chuffed if I was in the Main Stand, and my main concern is definitely leaving the ground. If the Rangers mob aren't held back there's huge potential for trouble. Willing to bet there'll be ten/fifteen police who watch the match from the gap between the stands (like at Dundee) and stay there at full time as there's a running battle on Pratt Street.

If I was a season ticket holder in the main stand, i'd probably be raging. If it was up to me The Rangers would have an allocation of about 20 seats in the corner of the Railway stand. But i'm not and its not up to me so i'm a bit meh about the whole thing, considering I won't even be going to this game.

Edited by mrpaddyx

Not a great decision. Understandable, but not great.

I suspect the club/FFP//whoever mentioned it could be using the Police as a scapegoat, but if not they should be told to shove it up their arse.

I suppose if we were capable of filling the home allocation this wouldn't be an issue. I don't think it's for the benefit of the Fife Loyal either - I think the attendances in the home end of our three home matches with them show they can't even be arsed getting down to Stark's Park to watch their 'beloved' team.

Wouldn't be chuffed if I was in the Main Stand, and my main concern is definitely leaving the ground. If the Rangers mob aren't held back there's huge potential for trouble. Willing to bet there'll be ten/fifteen police who watch the match from the gap between the stands (like at Dundee) and stay there at full time as there's a running battle on Pratt Street.

It was me that brought it up, on here. Since then I've read the letter the club have sent me about it, and although the safety thing was mentioned in it, they haven't tried to hide behind it and have been honest about it being primarily a financial decision. (And medical costs being substantially over budget is the main financial issue they've referred to.)

Makes sense financially, and as Yoss has pointed out from the letter he received, all those injuries have taken their toll on the club's budget.

Trouble is, we'd have at least 1,000 seats free in the South Stand if we didn't do this. Ultimately, the harsh truth is this wouldn't be happening if our attendances were better. It isn't great at all, but the club does have to try and maximise its income where it can.

Completely understand the view of those who aren't happy, though. I'm not happy about it either, even if I see where the club are coming from.