The New Raith Rovers Thread

Do you have any other income?.We could not stay full time on the attendance we get.At Queens we hire Palmy out and have the Queens Arena which has 2 indoor 7 aside pitches and units inside the arena we lease out. We made close to £100,000 from the piitch hire and the arena last season.

This year we'll finish fourth, that's as good as it gets.

Do you have any other income?.We could not stay full time on the attendance we get.At Queens we hire Palmy out and have the Queens Arena which has 2 indoor 7 aside pitches and units inside the arena we lease out. We made close to £100,000 from the piitch hire and the arena last season.

Roary Rover sometimes does a back shift in the Novar Bar to help make ends meet........

Apparently we have the lowest full time budget in Scotland....according to a member of our board.

Lower than Livi? Impossible to know because no one knows the playing budget of every side at that time, I'd imagine Airdrie will also be pretty low next year.

Lower than Livi? Impossible to know because no one knows the playing budget of every side at that time, I'd imagine Airdrie will also be pretty low next year.

It was Eric Drysedale who said he knew for fact that we had the lowest full time budget but thought he said in the championship not Scottish football but could be wrong but anyway take what you want from what he says.Like you doubtful our budget is lower than Livi and defo not lower than Airdrie

From the FFP

“Ray McKinnon is doing a fantastic job on what is probably the lowest full-time budget in British football. It’s certainly the lowest in Scotland - I know that for a fact.

From the FFP

“Ray McKinnon is doing a fantastic job on what is probably the lowest full-time budget in British football. It’s certainly the lowest in Scotland - I know that for a fact.

Fact isn't all capitals and there are no exclamation marks. On that basis, I think Eric is talking shite.

On a serious note, how many times over the years have you seen some manager bemoaning his lack of success and blaming the fact that everyone else has a bigger budget? Happens regularly. Just sounds like a 'poor me' story.

It would be interesting to see the actual playing budget of all teams in the league in terms of wages, signing-on fees, transfer fees, etc.

Just went to buy tickets for the Rangers game and there seems to be a lot left, going to be struggling for the sell out the club are looking for at this rate

It's because they don't make it easy for folk to buy the tickets... People have to go all the way down to Starks to buy them. In this day in age folk can't be arsed with that.... They should be available to purchase online or to be honest be made available on match day.

It's because they don't make it easy for folk to buy the tickets... People have to go all the way down to Starks to buy them. In this day in age folk can't be arsed with that.... They should be available to purchase online or to be honest be made available on match day.

Plus it's Rangers and they have the worst fans in Scotland. Plus we haven't even attempted to has a go against Rangers in any league game in the last two seasons and have just meekly surrendered.

I'd still have hoped that the fans would turn out for this, given recent Rovers performances and given it's the first 3pm Saturday league games we've had against the Rangers at Starks since the '90s.

Edited by Scary Bear

Worth noting they also charge £2 extra if you're paying by card and collecting. This is the 10th time we've played Rangers in three years...It isn't exactly something we've been waiting an age for.

I'd far rather the club made it so you can buy online then collect

Were tickets not available to buy on the day of the game the last time we played Rangers at Starks? The club have certainly caved in during other all ticket matches by releasing a statement nearer the time that tickets can be bought on matchday. Don't see why the same can't/won't happen for this game. We're never going to sell out the South Stand anyway so unless they want a shedload of tickets leftover they'll need to do something. And before someone says something along the lines of "well if they make the tickets available on matchday Rangers fans will just chance their leg" I don't think the club will be bothered, we've got fooking medical bills to pay ye ken!!!! :shutup

Fact isn't all capitals and there are no exclamation marks. On that basis, I think Eric is talking shite.

On a serious note, how many times over the years have you seen some manager bemoaning his lack of success and blaming the fact that everyone else has a bigger budget? Happens regularly. Just sounds like a 'poor me' story.

It would be interesting to see the actual playing budget of all teams in the league in terms of wages, signing-on fees, transfer fees, etc.

This

It was Eric Drysedale who said he knew for fact that we had the lowest full time budget but thought he said in the championship not Scottish football but could be wrong but anyway take what you want from what he says.Like you doubtful our budget is lower than Livi and defo not lower than Airdrie

Is Airdrie not still part time? Thought it was recently announced that they would be going full time from next season. As for Livi, who cares as they will probably not any pay wages and just decide administration is the best option.

I'm off next Saturday but I point blank refuse to go to a game which involves that lot. Delighted that they're going up this year and we won't play them again for another decade.

What about when we win the play offs? 😂