The New Raith Rovers Thread

I was fuming with a few hibs supporting mates a couple of weeks ago after them losing to Morton and Queens in the space of 7 days, as that to me ended our hopes for fourth. After that, we go and beat both of them and then Hibs in 3 weeks. Couldn't be made to look more like a fool if it tried. Cheers Rovers! 

Thats supporting the Rovers for you, always happy to make a cnut of you at any given opportunity for good or bad......though usually the latter in my experience.  ;) 

If we can somehow play to that kind of intensity until the end of the season then we have that chance. That was some game, and that has to be the miss of the season for me. You just can't imagine what Cummings was thinking when it came off the bar. Then to get subbed, it must have been an absolute sickener. Every single one of those players performed magnificently, Longridge was everywhere, Barr was solid, Toshney getting forward and never giving up for the goal and Wee Stewarty with a header. This is what happens when a team fight for every ball. Brilliant.

Noted that Toshney was playing at CM today.

Now that you've obviously had Benedictus, Toshney and Davo for a while again, out of the three, who would you guys rate as the best CH?

Tough one. Toshney and Benedictus are the best partnership but they have barely played together in recent months. Toshney looks better than Davidson in midfield though.

It's all about the games against the sides round us. Basically, 3 out of our next 4!

It's in our hands. Real shame we will be without Hardie for a few games as he appears to have had the Vaughan effect on Mark Stewart.

Hopefully someone else steps up to the plate. Although Hardie has wasted some openings in the last two or three matches he is a real handful for opposition defences. On a positive note Longridge had his best game for us tonight.

If we can somehow play to that kind of intensity until the end of the season then we have that chance. That was some game, and that has to be the miss of the season for me. You just can't imagine what Cummings was thinking when it came off the bar. Then to get subbed, it must have been an absolute sickener. Every single one of those players performed magnificently, Longridge was everywhere, Barr was solid, Toshney getting forward and never giving up for the goal and Wee Stewarty with a header. This is what happens when a team fight for every ball. Brilliant.

post-31698-0-16819200-1458429675.jpg

Was a great performance today, got the bit of luck that we have been missing against hibs this season.

Looking forward to the trip to Paisley on Tuesday now, hopefully another three points and go 10 points of Morton

Word of praise to the support as well. I've been quick to criticise the moaning and booing in the past, but the atmosphere recently has been great. Really getting behind the team and great singing yesterday. Long may it last. Can't wait for Paisley on Tuesday

Word of praise to the support as well. I've been quick to criticise the moaning and booing in the past, but the atmosphere recently has been great. Really getting behind the team and great singing yesterday. Long may it last. Can't wait for Paisley on Tuesday

Agreed. It's easy to focus on those who are staying away but the support from those are the game was superb yesterday.

Our attendance is a disgrace, the stay aways bleat on about the lack of funds to attract quality players. This season we have a manager actually doing something positive, and yet they still stay away.

Edited by baillieinleeds

Due to other commitments i've only been able to make 4 games this season. I took the offer that was on before Christmas for 4 games for £50 and TBH if I hadn't taken that I might not have not have even made all those games. Its a shame as we are playing well this season and i'd have like to have went more. 

Noted that Toshney was playing at CM today.

Now that you've obviously had Benedictus, Toshney and Davo for a while again, out of the three, who would you guys rate as the best CH?

I imagine it would be pretty unanimous amongst the support that the order is Toshney, Benedictus then Davidson quite a bit behind.

Craig Barr is really giving Ray something to think about though. Is he worth a gamble? Murray took it last year and it didn't work.

I imagine it would be pretty unanimous amongst the support that the order is Toshney, Benedictus then Davidson quite a bit behind.

Craig Barr is really giving Ray something to think about though. Is he worth a gamble? Murray took it last year and it didn't work.

Unless we are planning keeping Toshney and Davo in midfield then I'd doubt it. At present we have Bene, Toshney and the youngsters Bates and McKay all signed for next term with a deal on the table for Davo too, add Mango (who has been playing great) to that group and you are looking at 6 players who although some have flexibility and can play other positions their best positions are all (IMO) centre of defence.  Surely the prudent call would be to release a couple of them and bring in a quality player in a position we are lacking strength in.

I'd really love it if we can keep Craig Barr, he seems to be over his injuries (I hope). We need more strength in depth, and he's a versatile player. Please Ray Mac. Try like a bear with Connolly too.

I'd have Craig Barr back next season in a heartbeat. Great defender and superb organiser. If you look after every opposition attack then Barr is the one talking to defenders and pointing things out. Yes there is the potential scary medical premiums that may come with it and that's the bean counters' call but from a playing point of view his abilities and experience swings it for me

I'd actually have all them in next seasons' squad. They might not all play at once but they've all earned it through their commitment and level of play

Last interview I read with him he said he would love to be able to stay so that rovers fans could see the real Craig Barr and not the one that's been injury prone for 2 years.

That's what I read as well and in the same article he said that he doesn't think he would get offered a contract due to injuries.. If we offered him a contract, he would sign it without a doubt.

Trying not to get too far ahead here but after todays great result I think 2 wins should be enough for 4th. It would put us on 51 points which would mean Morton would need to win 5 from 6 and Qos would need 5 wins from 7.

Ditto not getting too far ahead as we only have two home games out of the 7 left ,Rangers and Falkirk with 5 away games and we,ve only won 3 away games so far this season