The New Raith Rovers Thread

Disappointed to see Craigen go. Think he's a real asset at this level on his day. I remember we made a big deal about signing him in the first place but I guess this is the result of not getting him signed up for a couple of years.

Centre mid has to be a priority for next season.

Absolutely! What's Willy Nanou up to these days?

Craigen was okay for us but I'm not exactly heartbroken to see him go. Connolly is the benchmark for the type of midfield player we should be trying to attract to the club.

It would be great if we could keep Connolly beyond the end of the season. If not, we'll just have to keep looking. Connolly came from Queens Park so there may be other decent players in the lower leagues.

We should be looking to sign Connolly on a 2 year deal but make it clear to him that if an offer comes in then he can go. Win for club with some money coming in and win for the player getting a 2 year deal knowing he's in the shop window for a bigger move.

I'm not surprised at Craigens departure given that he's had a few clashes with McKinnon earlier in the season and that he's been played out of position for most of his time here.

TBH I'd have liked to see him stay too but you never know Ray may have an ace up his sleeve yet, when you consider it we have Callachan, Matthews and Barr so far and if Connolly signs we have 2 central and 2 wide men already so if JC being re-signed has not been a priority of the gaffer there's probably a reason for it.

As I've said elsewhere now that there are improved options ahead of him I think we will see an improved Scotty Robertson when he returns to fitness.

McKeown is a massive priority now that there are a few pre-con's getting signed.

The guy is a Uni graduate, perhaps a bit smarter than your average 'baller? Possibly rather than his banter being pish maybe he just can't be arsed with the juvenile nonsense often associated with "the dressing room"

The guy is a Uni graduate, perhaps a bit smarter than your average 'baller? Possibly rather than his banter being pish maybe he just can't be arsed with the juvenile nonsense often associated with "the dressing room"

^^^^

James Craigen IMO

Sir Richard Staite (Dick Staite) a well respected educator (he got a Knighthood after all) was a no bad player for us.

He appreciated the high jinks in the dressing room without getting involved but wasn't so up himself not to see the funny side of things.

Sir Richard Staite (Dick Staite) a well respected educator (he got a Knighthood after all) was a no bad player for us.

He appreciated the high jinks in the dressing room without getting involved but wasn't so up himself not to see the funny side of things.

Dick lol.

So because one guy said his banter is guff he's so up himself he can't see the funny side of things? Oh dear. Craigen was always a great character guy in our dressing room, and him and Muirhead were in the local pub the night we won the league, couldn't meet a more down to earth pair. 

Had a pint with his son at Christmas.