The New Raith Rovers Thread

You could be right but was responding to a previous poster( just checked and yes they are still part time),if they were though certain our budget wouldn,t be lower

Mc Kinnon quoted in the Mail today that we have the lowest wages in the league of any full time club,

Hibs were happy to let us have a couple of players which we couldn,t touch as couldn,t afford them

Tried to sign Declan McManus on loan(on loan at Morton)but got blown out the water,couldn,t even go near the money he was offered

Who were Hibs 'happy enough to let us have' like? Edited by Rovers1992/1993

I'm off next Saturday but I point blank refuse to go to a game which involves that lot. Delighted that they're going up this year and we won't play them again for another decade.

I'd hope we would be promoted in less than 10 years.

You could be right but was responding to a previous poster( just checked and yes they are still part time),if they were though certain our budget wouldn,t be lower

Mc Kinnon quoted in the Mail today that we have the lowest wages in the league of any full time club,

Hibs were happy to let us have a couple of players which we couldn,t touch as couldn,t afford them

Tried to sign Declan McManus on loan(on loan at Morton)but got blown out the water,couldn,t even go near the money he was offered

Who were Hibs 'happy enough to let us have' like?

Hibs made Jon Daly a better offer but he had already shook hands with Ray prior to this.

This may have been one of the players referred to, lucky us.

Hibs made him a better offer but he chose us.

Hibs didn't let us have him :lol:

Jon Daly has revealed how he refused to go back on his word to Raith Rovers manager Ray McKinnon after Hibs made a last-ditch bid to sign the former Rangers striker.

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2015/08/27/jon-daly-admits-he-could-not-go-back-on-his-word-to-raith-boss-ray-mckinnon-after-hibs-offer/

Jon Daly has revealed how he refused to go back on his word to Raith Rovers manager Ray McKinnon after Hibs made a last-ditch bid to sign the former Rangers striker.

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2015/08/27/jon-daly-admits-he-could-not-go-back-on-his-word-to-raith-boss-ray-mckinnon-after-hibs-offer/

I remember that article but nothin states that Hibs were happy enough to let us have him. :lol:

Honestly sometimes the club do themselves no favours.... As stated on the website tickets for the Rangers game are available Monday to Friday 9am-4pm from the SP Office. So today I drove all the way from Dunfermline to buy the tickets..... Arrived SP at 15:20 and low and behold it was closed!

IIRC the office staff have Friday afternoon off, tickets are on sale 9 til 4 so someone has to be paid to stay on.

Honestly sometimes the club do themselves no favours.... As stated on the website tickets for the Rangers game are available Monday to Friday 9am-4pm from the SP Office. So today I drove all the way from Dunfermline to buy the tickets..... Arrived SP at 15:20 and low and behold it was closed!

This is one occasion that I hate to be correct.

Not UNtypical Admin cock up at SP. Unforunate, but not unusual. :(

Edited by Wee Sandy

Before today I was thinking another three points guaranteed the play off spot. Now I'm thinking another three points are required just to make sure Queen of the South can't catch us :lol:

Either way, this run of form has been outstanding. The management and players have proved me completely wrong and I'm delighted they have.

We're in the play-offs. Queen of the South won't get 14 points from their last six, even if we managed to lose all five (which is doubtful since we're FUCKING BRILLIANT).

Rumours that Ray McKinnon's promotion express has bulldozed through the works in the Queen Street tunnel and is hurtling towards Leith are at this stage unfounded.

Edited by Paco