The New Raith Rovers Thread

Bit random. Big Jim is great, was one of the directors that resigned from the board which eventually lead to Masterton getting the heave ho, was pretty instrumental in making sure we still have a club to support.

That,ll be the Big Jim who sat in the board whilst the club wracked up debt and shafted the tax payer and many small businesses

He's lauded as some kind off saviour yet by all accounts was one of few who walked with a fair wage in his pocket allegedly

Masterton abstaining from the CVA vote made sure you still have a club to support

Here's hoping we throw ching and hookers to get Connolly, would make good back up to super Joe.

Finishing above The Famous (VikingTon 2015) is quite the achievement.

In all seriousness you have evidently had a cracking season, will be interesting to see where you fare next season, in his second season with Brechin, Ray had an absolute shocker if I remember correctly. With St Mirren looking to improve, Dunfermline coming up and Dundee Utd plus whoever else comes down will all be looking at a a playoff spot, along with whoever doesn't win the playoffs. Can see the middle getting very congested, would be worried if I was a Queens fan and Fowler was still in a job.

Everytime we lost a league game we had a couple of Raith fans posting with glee, sadly that didn't happen all to often.

Big word when you're not even the biggest sports team in your town bbz.

Doesn't change the fact that you are indeed a horrible, horrible wee club does it lad?

Dearie me.

I live in Dunfermline and want to see the Pars doing well, and you'll never find me chucking about unhelpful words like "cheating" about what happened before. But it's pretty disappointing to see you and one or two others come onto the Raith thread and start spouting this sort of pish again as if nothing has been learned.

First up, don't blame previous board members or anyone else - Pars fans, pretty much to a man and woman, were delighted to keep supporting the team and the overspending long after it was apparent that it was unsustainable (and I still sometimes see and hear them revelling in their 'achievements' even now).

More worryingly, "ambitious" is one of those words that should be setting off whole banks of alarm bells in your head. In football-speak it's virtually always code for "currently running at an operating loss". Not that I'm suggesting anything untoward at this stage, but hopefully the club has some people at its helm with rather more nous and understanding than you've demonstrated here.

Now f**k off and come back next season.

Deary me a few Raith fans are taking this a bit too seriously.

Firstly much has been learned, the fan base as a whole is more tuned in with regards to the running of the club and our responsibilities, outwith the playing staff we have four full time members of staff, pretty much everything else including the cashiers in the club shop is volunteers, you then have 1000 or so fans chucking £20 a month through the centenary lifeline, nothing has been learned? Nonsense.

Quit it with the hyperbole, the term ambitious doesn't need to go hand in hand with overspending, you have literally just tried to put words into his mouth.

In real terms he's meaning that with the 1000 centenary members chucking in 20 quid a month, the 2500 season ticket members and the 3500 average crowd and the streamlined staffing structure we should be more than capable of putting a team capable of challenging for fourth place, bugger all wrong with that.

You had that top four safety net last season and still got nowhere near the play offs.

The ignorance towards Leishman is laughable. The guy knew exactly what was going on under the old regime and happily went along with it.

If your club was serious about moving on and starting afresh you would have nothing to do with the likes of him.

Was actually a ploy,in the same way half your fanbase won't show up for the Rangers game we couldn't be arsed sharing a league with them, masterplan.

No one knew exactly what was happening under the old regime out with Masterton, him and Yorkston sacked McIntyre without consulting the rest of the board members, our boardroom was a shambles.

As mentioned previously it was the likes of him that resigned from board in protest as to how Masterton was running the club, while also writing of a chunk of money in a CVA. Like the rest of the directors he volunteers and doesn't take any money, top boy.

He's lauded as some kind off saviour yet by all accounts was one of few who walked with a fair wage in his pocket allegedly

Masterton abstaining from the CVA vote made sure you still have a club to support

About sums up your knowledge on the subject, as shown on the CVA Jim was owed a reasonable sum of cash, he wrote that off safe in the knowledge that he wouldn't be seeing that again, top boy.

Mastertons running of the club was what brought us to the brink in the first place.

Doesn't change the fact that you are indeed a horrible, horrible wee club does it lad?

We're a horrible big club lad, do learn.

I'm genuinely surprised by the volume of Folk saying they are skipping the Rangers game, particularly given our form and them looking relatively beatable at the moment. Not to add that the last home game passed without too much issue.

The team deserves the backing and fans should be able to put aside their issues for this match, especially if that intent is purely to sound cool on an Internet forum.

Agree 100%, there has been no trouble against rangers this season and I have even managed to have a conversation with a couple of the supporters walking in and out the ground. The team are playing fantastically well and need all the support they can get. Look at the last time they got a good backing, against hibs, they gave a fantastic performance.

So, in short, no congrats??

:lol:

I, for one, am really looking forward to the first derby next season anyway. Should be some game with a decent crowd( possibly a sell out) and a cracking atmosphere.

If it makes you feel better then Congrats for winning the diddy league at the third Time of asking.

You had that top four safety net last season and still got nowhere near the play offs.

The ignorance towards Leishman is laughable. The guy knew exactly what was going on under the old regime and happily went along with it.

If your club was serious about moving on and starting afresh you would have nothing to do with the likes of him.

Savage, but completely true, from MN.

With the squad we've got at the moment, we're undisputed above any of the other teams in Fife so I don't see why we'd take any notice of their backroom politics. Sadly, we'll likely lose Connolly in the summer and we'll be doing well to keep Hardie. I'm still confident against any opponent at the moment within reason, and we can pretty much look forward to the playoffs. As much as Pars fans would love the attention to be on them, we need to focus on the bigger team and the bigger picture. 

In an ideal world, we'll tie down Connolly, Cuthbert, McKeown and maybe even Longridge and Barr. If we get either of Aiden or Hardie back, I'd be thrilled. 

Deary me a few Raith fans are taking this a bit too seriously.

Firstly much has been learned, the fan base as a whole is more tuned in with regards to the running of the club and our responsibilities, outwith the playing staff we have four full time members of staff, pretty much everything else including the cashiers in the club shop is volunteers, you then have 1000 or so fans chucking £20 a month through the centenary lifeline, nothing has been learned? Nonsense.

Quit it with the hyperbole, the term ambitious doesn't need to go hand in hand with overspending, you have literally just tried to put words into his mouth.

In real terms he's meaning that with the 1000 centenary members chucking in 20 quid a month, the 2500 season ticket members and the 3500 average crowd and the streamlined staffing structure we should be more than capable of putting a team capable of challenging for fourth place, bugger all wrong with that.

Was actually a ploy,in the same way half your fanbase won't show up for the Rangers game we couldn't be arsed sharing a league with them, masterplan.

No one knew exactly what was happening under the old regime out with Masterton, him and Yorkston sacked McIntyre without consulting the rest of the board members, our boardroom was a shambles.

As mentioned previously it was the likes of him that resigned from board in protest as to how Masterton was running the club, while also writing of a chunk of money in a CVA. Like the rest of the directors he volunteers and doesn't take any money, top boy.

About sums up your knowledge on the subject, as shown on the CVA Jim was owed a reasonable sum of cash, he wrote that off safe in the knowledge that he wouldn't be seeing that again, top boy.

Mastertons running of the club was what brought us to the brink in the first place.

We're a horrible big club lad, do learn.

Most of that is good, yeah, and as far as I can tell from the Pars folk I know it does sound like the club is being run on sounder principles (despite the Joe Cardle deal). My not-learning thing was aimed at the one poster specifically 

I'm going to aim it at you to a degree though, unless and until you take some responsibility and stop blaming Masterton.

So, in short, no congrats??

I'm glad to see Dunfermline finally back in our league.

Congratulations on managing - at the third attempt, and after the Cowden debacle and the heartbreak of last years 7th place finish - to win the much coveted Seaside League trophy.

No more than a big club deserves.

Leishman has been quoted this season thinking that Dunfermlime are a top 6 side by right.

Having a man with that kind of delusion on board can't be good.

As has been said, Dunfermline and their fans were not the slightest bit bothered about finances til it all came tumbling down.

No idea how they will get on next season but if they rely on guys like Cardle then I think we will enjoy being Kings of Fife for a while longer.

Let's not rewrite history, Cardle was mostly decent for us in a poor side. A competent lower-level Championship player with the occasional ability to win a match.

His corners were fucking awful, right enough.

. A competent lower-level Championship player with the occasional ability to win a match.

That's fair enough. Could be a key player in their battle to avoid the drop next season.

It will be interesting to see who they retain for next season. Surely they won't be holding on to dross like Michael Moffat and those defenders they signed from Livingston.