The New Raith Rovers Thread

Got to take back all I've said about you. Well maybe not all. I went for McKeown as well. The change in consistency from the season before has been immense.

McKeown or Toshney for me. Toughie.

If Hardie and Connolly had been here all season then they'd have been in contention too.

Stewart has also had another solid season. Since Hardie and Connolly arrived he has done noticeably better. Cuthbert in goals has been solid too.

Then there's Thomson and Bene. Spoiled for choice.

Edited by Scary Bear

Calderon pretty much put it perfectly. 

Our fans slogged away watching the club cut their cloth. We endured brutal signings like Fairbairn, Winter and Kilgannon as we made ends meet. Fortunately, Craig Levein and, more importantly, John McGlynn came in and brought about a bit of professionalism and turned the club into how we are today. 

There's absolutely no comparison about the way Rovers went about our business and our neighbours along the road. We've still got our dignity intact. 

Most cringeworthy post I've ever read from a Rovers fan. You'll likely be in tears after we beat you at Starks next season.

Most cringeworthy post I've ever read from a Rovers fan. You'll likely be in tears after we beat you at Starks next season.

No show without punch. I'm amazed you didn't appear sooner.

You got your moneys worth out that bucket and spade.

Congratulations I suppose? I'm sure that's a great comfort when they're pulling in more punters.

Couldn't care less about Ice Hockey in any way shape or form.

Again, what would you do? How you have gone about overthrowing Masterton? Any questions that were asked at any meetings were swept under the carpet Comical Ali style. Just like the Raith Rovers fans had no control over Anelka swanning in I'm genuinely struggling to see what course of action anyone could've taken to remove Masterton.  And I'd imagine that what positives did happen during that time will be celebrated, they're just as much of the history of the club as the Cowdenbeath thumping and the nightmare last season, I'm pretty sure Cowdenbeath won't be forgetting either of those any time soon. They were also as a consequence of Mastertons time running the club, we certainly won't be allowed to forget them!

When Cardle signed a Raith fan mentioned that Cardle would thrive in an environment where he felt loved and where he felt like he was the main man, I think that's pretty accurate. Fwiw I'm sure Barr will be more than adequate.

Hopefully see you next season cuntos xox

Yawnnnnnnnnn......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

:lol: Fucking hell, I'm devestated. History will always show how our fans, and many legends like Ronnie Coyle, were the first ones to step forward and get it back into our own hands without having to go through any events like administration to clear debts. The Pars did the complete opposite. If you look back to pre-administration days then Pars fans always claimed "Masterton has a trust fund for the club, we'll be fine".

As for beating us at Stark's, I'd be sorely disappointed if that came to pass. It'll be lot tougher on the Pars next season when  they're playing against more solid backlines and quicker forwards. As I mentioned before, if we can re-sign Hardie or Connolly, I'd be delighted. Either way the prospect of the Pars coming up is hardly sending tremors through the division.

I enjoyed the Masterton v Anelka comparison. One allowed to do that he liked for about fifteen years, one chased from the club within three months. :lol:

I'm happy enough to see the Pars promoted, as funny as their constant failures were. Look forward to the derbies. Potentially a very tough league next season.

Edited by Paco

In all seriousness, imagine how much better off we could be (financially and player-wise) if we had even half the number of fans the P*rs do sticking £20 in every month for a club fund. I know we don't have their kind of structure running the club but it would make a massive difference. Even 500 folk paying a tenner a month would pay for two players over the course of the year.

I just don't get the "I'm not going to the game coz it's Rangers" mentality.

In all the years of seeing Rangers play at Starks Park, I can only recall one unsavory incident with their support and that was during a friendly match a few years back (guy who threw a punch at a steward when being removed from the home end). I didn't even hear the sectarian singing during last seasons game, nor do I suspect many did in the home end did either - I rather expect that there was more an 'offended by proxy' scenario going on by those of a disposition who consider the OF to be spawn of Satan and to blame for all evils in the Scottish game.

I am not at all condoning the singing, which obviously happened, not for 1 second, but I just can't get excited about it.  There is no place for it in society in general but it is clearly a minority these days and as Rovers fans we can't too excited about non-PC chants given the song we used to sing about what we'd rather be than a Par. 

As for hostile and unpleasant atmospheres... really?  We must have some right sensitive souls in our support.  I have never felt threatened walking to and from games involving Rangers (or Celtic) at Starks Park.  I don't recall running street battles, burning cars, women being pushed over....  If we're being honest, there's been more trouble in recent years with Dunfermline visiting (trouble in the high street, assaults, vandalism).  That said, most of those incidents can be attributed to their so-called Young Team that only turn up at derby games to cause bother and are not reflective of their support in general.

I think it's fair to say that of Rangers too, that it's a minority that can cause trouble or offence, it's just that they have such a large support that it's more apparent.  The moron element exists in every support.

Bottom line is that it's just an excuse not to go to Starks Park.  To those citing this as a reason not to go - get a grip of reality and get over yourselves.  As has been said previously, this Rovers team has done incredibly well this season - to be so far ahead in 4th place at this stage is a big achievement for a club with our resources,  Get out there and support the team, regardless of who they are playing.

Our team needed the fans support at Ibrox,where were they

The team have been deserving of the fans support for the best part of the season but it ain,t happened so don't understand the big hoo ha of some supporters choosing not to go this Saturday

I experienced two unsavoury incidents at the Ramsden final which that along with the other reasons is enough to make me stay away

For me the player of the season has to be Connolly. Before we signed him we were in run of 1 win in 10 and season was on the verge of going tits up. Since he signed we have only lost 2 games, both to Rangers and are almost certainly in the playoffs.

For me the player of the season has to be Connolly. Before we signed him we were in run of 1 win in 10 and season was on the verge of going tits up. Since he signed we have only lost 2 games, both to Rangers and are almost certainly in the playoffs.

He would have probably been guaranteed it if he arrived last summer but I don't think a couple of months merits it..

Dearie me.

I live in Dunfermline and want to see the Pars doing well, and you'll never find me chucking about unhelpful words like "cheating" about what happened before. But it's pretty disappointing to see you and one or two others come onto the Raith thread and start spouting this sort of pish again as if nothing has been learned. 

First up, don't blame previous board members or anyone else - Pars fans, pretty much to a man and woman, were delighted to keep supporting the team and the overspending long after it was apparent that it was unsustainable (and I still sometimes see and hear them revelling in their 'achievements' even now).

More worryingly, "ambitious" is one of those words that should be setting off whole banks of alarm bells in your head. In football-speak it's virtually always code for "currently running at an operating loss". Not that I'm suggesting anything untoward at this stage, but hopefully the club has some people at its helm with rather more nous and understanding than you've demonstrated here.

Now f**k off and come back next season.

Haud on a wee minute here. The previous directors had sweet f a to with us fans. We supported the team, come what may. I dare say you would have done the same. We've got footballing supporters of the DA as the B.O.D who is purely doing the task for the love of football, unlike others who thought they'd have a ride on their own individual ego. Now we're a step closer to where we should be, I look forward in visiting San Starko next season if you don't win the play offs. The financial crisis that nearly sent us into obscurity is maybe a side line for a cheap shot but hey, just unwind your thrapple till next season.

Haud on a wee minute here. The previous directors had sweet f a to with us fans. We supported the team, come what may. I dare say you would have done the same. We've got footballing supporters of the DA as the B.O.D who is purely doing the task for the love of football, unlike others who thought they'd have a ride on their own individual ego. Now we're a step closer to where we should be, I look forward in visiting San Starko next season if you don't win the play offs. The financial crisis that nearly sent us into obscurity is maybe a side line for a cheap shot but hey, just unwind your thrapple till next season.

Absolute nonsense.

I've not been keeping up with this thread much but incase it's not been mentioned Lewis had his final strength test today at the spire and it went great. He's looking to play for the reserves next Tuesday not sure who against.

ðŸ‘