The New Raith Rovers Thread

Not good. But I think he has been over rated, yes he works hard for the team but his end product is very poor and the goals he scores are usually scrappy goals When we play 2 up front. We don't need him just as long as hardie is fit, I still think Harry will come good when paying in strike partnership. And Joel Tomas as looked decent every time he has came on and is prob our best option when playing the loan striker.

Not good. But I think he has been over rated, yes he works hard for the team but his end product is very poor and the goals he scores are usually scrappy goals When we play 2 up front. We don't need him just as long as hardie is fit, I still think Harry will come good when paying in strike partnership. And Joel Tomas as looked decent every time he has came on and is prob our best option when playing the loan striker.

Well, all goals count the same and if anything the fact that he picks up on loose and second balls, and is there for the tap in is exactly what we've been missing since Graham left. When he is allowed to play centrally and off of the shoulder he's dangerous and played a huge role in getting us to withing touching distance of the play offs. That he works hard for the team and is willing to play anywhere on the park for us is a bonus. he'll be a big loss if he's out for a while.

Still this is why McKinnon wanted the extra striker in as cover for just such situations. Thomas has looked handy, if not dangerous in his wee cameos to date, Hardie is back after this week and Panayioutou will come good if allowed to play in his favoured central role.

Edited by renton

Shame about Stewart. Real shame. He's hit and miss to be fair but he does do a power of work for the team and has been on a good run of form.

Hope Harry is back for Saturday?

St. Kitts have a game tomorrow so I don't know about the likelihood of that. Fingers crossed though.

Funnily enough, I was at Michael Woods when they were training earlier, and during the five minutes I watched, I was (pleasantly) surprised at the high intensity of it.

Don't get me wrong, they weren't kicking lumps out of each other, but they were certainly taking it serious enough and weren't holding back.

It maybe wasn't the same incident but Stewart did take a tumble while I was leaving, which didn't look too serious at the time. Hopefully whatever his injury is won't keep him out too long.

I think he's a useful player he has a bit of speed, great engine and is determined. It's harsh to compare him to hardie who is a class above and should go on to have a good career himself.

Stewart and Rovers are a good fit. They both have their flaws but on their day they can do the business.

RRFC update - Stewart's ankle isn't broken, but they will have to reassess when the swelling goes down. 

[Armchair diagnosis] In other words, probable ligament damage. I'd suggest that unless he's gotten off with a very mild sprain, we will be lucky if he makes it back for the play-offs.