The New Raith Rovers Thread

I like Rory, I think he's got decent aspects to his game and I wouldn't be sad if he signed on again, but his positioning is really poor. We've lost so many goals over the last two seasons due to him not being in the right place. I just think it might be worth investigating other options.

I agree - think it was Rangers at home the first time?  Poor positioning.

He improved a lot last season - but we could maybe do with a change.

No news about Connolly..... no news is good news I guess..

If Rory isn't ready to commit by now then we should withdraw the offer a contract. He should remember that a year ago he was for fortunate to still be us given his horrendous first season. He's hardly the best left back we've ever had and so if he thinks he can do better and we'll be his fall back option then let him go and see where he ends up.

Edited by Ding Dang Doo

If Rory isn't ready to commit by now then we should withdraw the offer a contract. He should remember that a year ago he was for fortunate to still be us given his horrendous first season. He's hardly the best left back we've ever had and so if he thinks he can do better and we'll be his fall back option then let him go and see where he ends up.

By the same turn of the coin this is a daft attitude to have. Don't be butt hurt that players aren't falling over themselves to sign on the dotted line for Raith Rovers.

agreed.

Yes he was poor in his first season, however he repaid us by being a solid player for us last season. He like anyone is putting his interests before anything which he can't be blamed for. At the end of the day it's a different manager at the club and he shouldn't be blamed for taking his time making his decision.