The New Raith Rovers Thread

Obadeyi is predominantly a winger as far as I'm aware.

We'll still be in the market for another winger..

In the FFP this morning that we're still looking at bringing in another 4 players before the season starts.. And probably looking at another loan signing or 2 on top of that after the season starts to bolster the squad.

So of the 4 players still to come in, I reckon 2 strikers, a winger and a Creative attacking midfielder. Templeton's likely to be the winger but he won't be fit for about another month..

That might change now with Mchattie's injury, we may end up needing to find another LB.

The few times I've seen Obadeyi for Killie, he looked as if he was playing up front. So Locke might see him as a striker..

Utd, since the Thompson family arrived haven't exactly been chalking up the friends.

It started with Falkirk in January 2003 and is still evident 13 years later.

I don't think it's fair to blame DUFC or their fans. It's more a case of laying the blame squarely at the feet of 1 disgusting family.

Raith are just the latest in queue to hope bad things happen to them.

Thompson is a w****r without doubt, but to label them a disgusting family is a bit much. What are you basing this on?

Reading between the lines on Eric's comments on the FFP website (Comfortably THE worst website for mobile devices btw) it looks as though McKinnon has used his knowledge of the club's finances against us to try to obtain Toshney for as cheap as possible.

Wee erse. All of my goodwill for him and Toshney has unfortunately evaporated. Shame after the good job they both did last season.

Reading between the lines on Eric's comments on the FFP website (Comfortably THE worst website for mobile devices btw) it looks as though McKinnon has used his knowledge of the club's finances against us to try to obtain Toshney for as cheap as possible.

Wee erse. All of my goodwill for him and Toshney has unfortunately evaporated. Shame after the good job they both did last season.

I don't think you need to read between the lines to come to that conclusion and it's rather naive to think he would do anything else. Indeed I'd be surprised if you'd find any manager - or anyone in a similar situation - who wouldn't use their inside knowledge to their advantage. Let's say McKinnon knows how much it would take to get Toshney, are you seriously suggesting that he should forego that knowledge, or indeed deliberately pay over the odds, because of a past loyalty to Rovers? That's positively dishonest. Raith have been appropriately compensated for both McKinnon and Toshney. Some of you chaps need to grow up and move on.

I don't think you need to read between the lines to come to that conclusion and it's rather naive to think he would do anything else. Indeed I'd be surprised if you'd find any manager - or anyone in a similar situation - who wouldn't use their inside knowledge to their advantage. Let's say McKinnon knows how much it would take to get Toshney, are you seriously suggesting that he should forego that knowledge, or indeed deliberately pay over the odds, because of a past loyalty to Rovers? That's positively dishonest. Raith have been appropriately compensated for both McKinnon and Toshney. Some of you chaps need to grow up and move on.

Nothing to do with players or managers moving to other clubs. It happens, we accept it and move on. But the way United, McKinnon and Toshney have behaved here leaves a lot to be desired. Maybe if you're manager hadn't given our board his valuation of our players and then tried to get one for a fraction of that valuation there'd be a little bit more goodwill.

I heard a manager for one of the Angus clubs described McKinnon as "an arrogant wee c**t"...safe to say he's now living up to that billing!

Nothing to do with players or managers moving to other clubs. It happens, we accept it and move on. But the way United, McKinnon and Toshney have behaved here leaves a lot to be desired. Maybe if you're manager hadn't given our board his valuation of our players and then tried to get one for a fraction of that valuation there'd be a little bit more goodwill.

I heard a manager for one of the Angus clubs described McKinnon as "an arrogant wee c**t"...safe to say he's now living up to that billing!

We had hospitality for the 3-3 game against Rangers and to be fair to Ray he came in after, spoke about the game with us, had a laugh about the poor defending and took time out to thank us all for the support on the day and throughout the season, didn't come across as arrogant in my opinion. Don't agree with the way he's gone about the whole Toshney farce though.

Toshney had phoned in sick the whole first week of preseason training despite still being contracted to us.

He was speaking to a manager of another team about a move despite being contracted to us.

Toshney had a photoshoot wearing the Dundee United top waving the scarf above his head in one of the stands at Tannadice despite still being contracted to us.

McKinnon's final words to us before he left was that he won't be coming back to raid us for any of our players. He lied.

McKinnon had been speaking to Thomson before our playoff campaign had finished. That much is clear.

To be honest, had we kept Toshney for next season, I'd have been pissed off, as he is one of the worst types of professionals around. Normally I'd wish him well and that and hope he does well for you. I don't. I hope his career meets a dead end.

You are saying we should move on. We have. The post you quoted, was from a Rovers fan discussing a newspaper article of an interview from the Rovers Chief Executive that was published this morning..

I chatted with Ray a number of times throughout the season and found him a really top bloke. Says a lot given the propensity for those in the football trade to be complete tossers

Don't particularly condone how he has went about his business but I guess he is simply trying to get the most out of his budget. N fact last season most on here were eyeing the potential players we could pull away from glebe park. Was inevitable that McKinnon would come back in for one or two players who have really served him well. I'm not loosing too much sleep over it.

Less enamoured by toshneys approach. I'm pretty certain the club wouldn't have stood in the way of what may be a good move for him, providing we received a fair fee. Transfer request just seems a bit heavy handed.

Behave yourself. Toshney went for exactly his value and, incidentally, the value that most of you were predicting in this very thread not two weeks ago. Edited by Pull My Strings

Toshney had phoned in sick the whole first week of preseason training despite still being contracted to us.

He was speaking to a manager of another team about a move despite being contracted to us.

Toshney had a photoshoot wearing the Dundee United top waving the scarf above his head in one of the stands at Tannadice despite still being contracted to us.

McKinnon's final words to us before he left was that he won't be coming back to raid us for any of our players. He lied.

McKinnon had been speaking to Thomson before our playoff campaign had finished. That much is clear.

To be honest, had we kept Toshney for next season, I'd have been pissed off, as he is one of the worst types of professionals around. Normally I'd wish him well and that and hope he does well for you. I don't. I hope his career meets a dead end.

You are saying we should move on. We have. The post you quoted, was from a Rovers fan discussing a newspaper article of an interview from the Rovers Chief Executive that was published this morning..

You, in particular, really need to have a word with yourself.

"His final words to us ... ". Jesus wept. You're acting like a wee lassie disappointed that her crush has moved onto another girl.

I read the article incidentally. I'm including Drysdale in the "grow up, move on". "I won't comment, but ...".