The New Raith Rovers Thread

I think there's potential there when the guys get up to fitness and we fill up the squad. I hate saying this as I know how much Raith love him but Wilson winds me up so much, he's no bad and I don't mind him but I'm not the biggest fan. I think the young lad that started will be starting over him this season.

3 ex Raith today, Whatley/McCord and Wilson.

Highlight of the match for me was when your unit of a centre half won a header against our wee trialist and nearly sent him into the ground, went absolutely fleeing. :lol:

I think he actually headed the ball through your boy!

Tarique Fosu has scored twice for reading today surely it can't be him we have on trial?

Notwithstanding the fact he can't be in two places at once, looking at his picture I don't think it is him. He is also listed as a midfielder as well.

Might've had Fosu on trial with the view to taking him on loan, if he was indeed on trial with us. Reading have a new manager (Jaap Stam) so I wouldn't read too much into him playing for Reading today. 

Sounds positive regarding today's trialists. We shall see what happens. 

Might've had Fosu on trial with the view to taking him on loan, if he was indeed on trial with us. Reading have a new manager (Jaap Stam) so I wouldn't read too much into him playing for Reading today. 

Sounds positive regarding today's trialists. We shall see what happens. 

The consensus seems to be that the trialist 18 that played today was the same one that played on Tuesday though.

I suppose we'll find out soon enough.

I'd sign Coustrain( no. 16) anyway!

Number 18 looked decent in spells, made some really good runs, but we need someone with height up front. So far we still have plans to bring in that sort of striker as well as no. 18 then I'd take him as well..

Thorsson( no. 8) looks like with match fitness he could be a decent player at this level, quite intelligent on the ball. He is incredibly weak though and The Scottish championship is a really physical league so I'd probably tell him to move on.

Random daft question do we have them on trial cause their on a free or can a lonee be on a trial? Or dose lonees have to be taking on by chance? Eat me up if I'm out off touch but clue me up

Not sure if they can be on trial if their contracted to another team. But the players we have at the minute aren't contracted to another team, they would be permanent signings..

I've missed all the friendlies this summer due to family commitments, but reading on here, and it's not often, but there's been positivity - unbelievable haha! Both 16 & 18 seem decent from what people have said, and from what I've watched on the highlights. Did the big centre half we've signed play today? If so, how was he? I know it's only Cove we're playing on Friday, but I'm buzzing for it and to be back at an actual match rather than the bumf that's coming from France. Mon Rovers!!

4 minutes ago, WSDR 88 said:

I've missed all the friendlies this summer due to family commitments, but reading on here, and it's not often, but there's been positivity - unbelievable haha! Both 16 & 18 seem decent from what people have said, and from what I've watched on the highlights. Did the big centre half we've signed play today? If so, how was he? I know it's only Cove we're playing on Friday, but I'm buzzing for it and to be back at an actual match rather than the bumf that's coming from France. Mon Rovers!!

He is fucking massive and yes he got the last 20 minutes of the game which is not enough to give a decent critique, however he did look decent.

Want to know how big he is, they couldn't get a pair of shorts that would fit him, he had to wear a pair of odd drawers.

24 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

He is fucking massive and yes he got the last 20 minutes of the game which is not enough to give a decent critique, however he did look decent.

Want to know how big he is, they couldn't get a pair of shorts that would fit him, he had to wear a pair of odd drawers.

Ha ha, he certainly is! What's more he should put the shit's up the pars forwards and most of the rest of the division, just as long as he's got at least Big Marv's ability too.

New cult hero right enough by the looks of it.

Right as for the other guys. from what I've seen myself and heard today I really hope we sign the Irish lad at number 16 , I know his name and seen plenty about him to hope he stays. I'm not sure he's been released by Sheff Utd but until we register him what else can they class him as?  Although perhaps given the "Stacking shelves" line he dished out earlier maybe he has left the blades. Either way I'd be happy to see him signed up ASAP.

Trialist #8 shows a bit of promise but unless there's enough cash to sign him and continue to develop him as a squad player I'm not sure we can keep him as well.

Trialist #18 Looks like a tidy player but again he's one for the future and maybe isn't ready to be the player I think we will need sooner rather than later. Incidentally I'd say he is certainly not Readings Tarique Kumahl Malachi Akwesi Fosu-Henry as that Fosu-Henry not only looks different, but is a out and out midfielder and about 100 MPH faster than the guy we have.

Number 18 is Yaw Osei

If it is him, I would stay clear after reading his CV which was the only thing I could find online about him.. He once scored 62 goals in a single season for Langley Zebras..

He came over to Britain hoping for trials with Arsenal, Chelsea and Southampton..and ended up on trial at Reading and Rovers(potentially) :lol: