The New Raith Rovers Thread

The forward didn't do too much of note in the first half, but had a decent spell at the start of the second, where it looked like Rovers were going to overwhelm Arbroath.

As for 8, he did very little against Brechin, and although he took his goal well, he didn't get too much of an opportunity to demonstrate very much else.

16 was the one though. I'm not sure where his best position is, and I missed the Partick game, but if it's the left, then the good thing is, Barr looked equally comfortable on the right.

Purely based on what I've seen in games, only 16 looked like he'd cope at Championship level, but we're obviously not privy to seeing them in training.

That said, 8 looks fantastic in a hair-band, so Locke should probably sign him up.

Also, while the M'Voto deal might still need to be completed, he looks like an absolute colossus. Again, only played the last 20 minutes or so, but the header he won, while simultaneously squashing the Arbroath forward like a bug, made me take to him immediately.

Also, kudos to Steven Doris for achieving that size of arse despite being a professional football player. If he could twerk he'd be a phenomenon.

Back to us, and there's certainly wee bits of promise.

Three clean sheets, although we haven't always looked too comfortable with cross balls.

Vaughan, Bobby Barr and Joel the Trialist all look sharp, and we certainly seem to be playing it on the deck a bit more.

Of course, that's a bit easier to do when you're playing against Angus sides who have umpteen trialists throughout the line up, but it's encouraging.

If I have a concern it's maybe the middle of the park, even more so than up front. We'll almost certainly bring in another forward, which would leave us with Stewart, Vaughan, Court and A.N Other, which would be fine in my opinion (identity of A. N Other dependent)

In the centre though, I'm not sure there's going to be enough creativity, goals or assists to come from any combination of Callachan, Davidson, Matthews or Robertson, while the latter still appears to be injured.

Creativity wise we really struggled until Connolly came in last season, and that could be an issue again this time around.

That said, if we can get in another couple of competent players then we'll probably do reasonably well this season.

I don't necessarily envisage any more top-four shenanigans, but I reckon we currently have a better squad than Ayr, Queen of the South and Dumbarton, although the latter have recruited pretty well.

You could possibly throw Morton into that mix, but I haven't looked at their squad closely enough.

That then probably leaves ourselves, Dunfermline and St Mirren as much of a muchness, although everything could obviously change depending on recruitment.

Cue 2-1 defeat to Cove Rangers and the positivity completely vanishing from this thread.

Steven Doris twerking :lol:

Aye he's needing to shift a few pounds again. Standard stuff for Stevie at this time of the year th