The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, mojito said:

Any real man would know that flipping the broom and pushing away is how real men brush steps.

To be fair, guessing the age of the photo, Rankine Grimshaw would have been the chairman and the brush would have been as bald as Bobby Charlton.

I'm guessing that picture is more 1990 than 80. I'm also guessing shooboax is nearer the age of starting puberty soon. But as I say it's just a guess. 

Anyway, a couple of random thoughts on us over the last few weeks. I think the whole fear over Locke being appointed was a huge overreaction, it still could prove unsuccessful but I hope not.  His signings seem to be interesting and not the usual former players that we feared. As for the two he has worked with, they will be decent additions. 

Friday night was was hard work, but already you have seen some upsets from bigger teams in the competition so nothing to worry about. We team looked fairly solid, apart from midfield, no way we can start with Callaghan and Matthews in CM, too lightweight and not enough experience between them.  

The new striker has plenty of pace and looks like a player, thought his challenge was easily a straight red though, looks like he has a bit of fire in him. 

Coustrain looks like he could be a favourite as well, looking forward to him ripping a few RBs this season. 

52 minutes ago, RRFC2711 said:

photos are early nineties,,,,terraced no railway sleepers and the brush sweeper is our club legend Andy Leigh..

93, 94 I think... we re did the terracing before the first season in prem, Kellys Copiers were the sponsors then. 

Think Andy Leigh had retired by then but seem to mind that they had a retirement do for him and he was in the next week doing stuff at the ground. 

Agree with what's been said about Friday's game. The middle of the park was a bit disconcerting before the Cove game, and it's a bigger concern now.

Robertson doesn't appear to have had a pre-season, and while moving Davidson forward might give us a bit more oomph* I'm not sure it helps us in a forward sense.

*Kicking folk

You could see the issue that'll arise if the wide players aren't producing. Barr seems happy to drift inside and looked sharp, but Connolly just wants to hug the line by the looks of things, and nothing much came off for him. We had loads of the ball on Friday, but toiled to work their keeper very much.

Handily, Vaughan can create things on his own, and I did like the look of the two subs.

Osei had a nice bit of trickery to wriggle away at one point, looked speedy, and almost managed to drop-kick a Cove boy clean out of the park, so fair play to him.

Coustrain looks decent too, although that may be because you can easily change the lyrics of the O'Jays classic, 'Love Train' to accommodate his name for a half decent chant. It's been in my head since Friday evening and I just can't shift it.

I really liked the look of McHattie going forward, but my concern is that almost every threatening attack from Cove came down that side. Whether that's because Bobby Barr isn't inclined to sit in when McHattie goes forward, or because McHattie just isn't too hot at defending I'm not too sure yet, but we'll see.

Once those issues are ironed out though, I look forward to having the name of Raith Rovers inscribed on the Betfred League Cup.

15 hours ago, Shooboax said:

( Yep the Rovers are the club with the worst-c*nt fans in this league.

Not our fault you can't get the locals excited about your team. Even when you're doing reasonably well they still don't respond.

They'd rather watch skaters with wooden sticks batter the shit out one a.nother.

You are simply referred to as the wee team ( a team who ensures it pays its way to all those they trade with) because in reality that is your mentality. (In other words work within their means and don't TRY to progress at a cost to decent traders.)

Acidic hate toward the Pars.(not really, I have friends who are Pars supporters, folk you can have good banter with.....and then there are roasters like you......)

13528898_1241294845910933_5007174986298723330_n.jpg

Comedy Gold, absolutely brilliant, this guy is really  on fire!! The gift that keeps on giving.

Hey,you gotta love this post, pure vitriol comedy gold from a guy (check out the times of some of his posts) seems to sit up half the night posting about the Rovers!!

With the amount of utter seethe there is one thing for sure, with ....your mummy'll no' need a whistlin' kettle.

Edited by Wee Sandy