The New Raith Rovers Thread

39 minutes ago, Martin Nelson said:

£50k for Craig Barr sounds fair to me.

We could sell Barr off for £100k to a bunch of baffled sports scientists who marvel at one man's inability to complete a full preseason. I love Barr when he's fit, but it's pretty incredible. The first half of the season, folk are cursing him calling him a waste of a wage, and the second half of the season we're reminded why we love him. 

12 minutes ago, rw89 said:

Also, were folk singing about Laurie today? McKinnon and Toshney, I can understand, but I don't think we can grudge anything to Laurie. The guy was there during some of our darkest days during the second division as a player. 

This.

Laurie put everything he had into the Rovers both in a playing sense and with regards to raising funds for the club. A top man who deserves nothing but respect from the supporters.

If Gary Locke makes a success of this, it really is a brilliant example that ultimately, fans are clueless.

Everyman and their Granny were against the appointment, but we were singing his praises today. Some start.

Got to agree with you. I wasn't exactly enamoured with Lockes appointment but right now I'm happy enough to admit I was totally wrong.

ETA Laurie's a class act and Rovers legend. Would love to see him learn his trade under McKinnon and return to us as manager at some point.

37 minutes ago, Wullie McNaught said:

Got to agree with you. I wasn't exactly enamoured with Lockes appointment but right now I'm happy enough to admit I was totally wrong.

ETA Laurie's a class act and Rovers legend. Would love to see him learn his trade under McKinnon and return to us as manager at some point.

As I mentioned on the match thread, in between watching the Rovers on saturday I've been putting my toys back in the pram quietly. I've been pretty much been delighted to have been proven wrong on every level. Every single sign, in my opinion, was that we would play poor football and sign ex-Hearts and Killie players. We've had the opposite of that. While we can be defensively shakey, we've looked excellent going forward. We've added Easton to the mix as well who is a top coach, and Jackson adds a lot of experience.

I'll try to refrain from passing judgement in the future gents...

:whistle 

Let's hold some horses here. I was in the tiny minority not opposed to Locke's appointment, but it's too way early to be going to the other reach and declaring him a success. It's still August.

We have to be happy with how things are going right now, but let's wait until the clocks go back

Quick question: what's happened to the Irish boy from Sheffield United that we signed?

Joel Coustrain? He's been there or thereabouts in the match day squads, and played in an Under 20s game in the last week or so.

Chris Johnston, on the other hand, I'd completely forgotten about! We have such a big squad...

There was a song being sung yesterday that I'd never heard before and couldn't make out the words. It's sung by loads of clubs but is a catchy wee tune. Literally this is the only way I can describe it, be prepared: "RRFC.....RRFC....RRFC....*dum dum dee dum*.....*dum dum dee dum*....RRFC"

Someone fill me in with the words for the 'dum dum dee dum' part hahaha

There was a song being sung yesterday that I'd never heard before and couldn't make out the words. It's sung by loads of clubs but is a catchy wee tune. Literally this is the only way I can describe it, be prepared: "RRFC.....RRFC....RRFC....*dum dum dee dum*.....*dum dum dee dum*....RRFC"

Someone fill me in with the words for the 'dum dum dee dum' part hahaha

'All said and done, Fife's number one'