The New Raith Rovers Thread

Someone on the most reputable sources (facebook) claiming Stevo trained with the team at the Beveridge Park today. Seems a bit bizarre given that we usually train in Glenrothes. While I'm delighted with Hardie, I'd be bemused with Stevenson signing. He's a player who I've never been particularly impressed with, more so now that his legs are gone. I'd far rather we gave the likes of Osei a run out up top. Even in midfield we have plenty of options with Craig Barr coming back in. 

On a separate note, I wonder if Scott Robertson will be looking to call it a day. He's had a couple of recurring setbacks and it's looking very difficult for him to come back into the team anyway with our younger players putting in more solid performances and providing more energy. 

18 minutes ago, rw89 said:

Someone on the most reputable sources (facebook) claiming Stevo trained with the team at the Beveridge Park today. Seems a bit bizarre given that we usually train in Glenrothes. While I'm delighted with Hardie, I'd be bemused with Stevenson signing. He's a player who I've never been particularly impressed with, more so now that his legs are gone. I'd far rather we gave the likes of Osei a run out up top. Even in midfield we have plenty of options with Craig Barr coming back in. 

On a separate note, I wonder if Scott Robertson will be looking to call it a day. He's had a couple of recurring setbacks and it's looking very difficult for him to come back into the team anyway with our younger players putting in more solid performances and providing more energy. 

The Michael Woods centre will be closed today and probably until Wednesday as it's a public holiday.

58 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

:lol::lol::lol:

46 minutes ago, rw89 said:

Our Chief Scout has tweeted that Stevo will be signing for you.

11 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Players suit certain clubs and certain systems,Hardie didn,t fit in at the Midden but did with us.Nothing to say Stevenson couldn't, do a job for us

The thing that worries me is that he's floated from league one Ayr, where he did very little, to Dumbarton where again he did very little. Numerous fans have commented about how his legs are gone. I've been a critic of both Locke and some of his signings like McHattie. The main difference is that Stevenson isn't getting any younger, and that it's a move upwards. 

40 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Vaughan!? That's the last we've seen of him then. His contracts up in the summer. He won't sign again and based on his contributions to the season so far, I wouldn't want him to anyway.

I may be getting him mixed up but was he not excellent against us at the start of the season at Somerset? 

I sincerely hope that that doesn't happen, because it's just fucking mental. Besides the fact we don't actually need another midfielder, we would actually have one less striker available to us despite our well-known problems in that department. 

Tits mental if we're putting Vaughan out on loan to bring in an ageing Stevenson. Hardie is a good loan deal, and will add to the squad. And I can understand putting out Osei on loan, given he needs experience of senior football. You'd imagine that it would allow us to maybe look at whether we should offer an extension. 

But Vaughan has had a few limited opportunities, and while he hasn't shown much he'd still offer more than Stevenson. Really perplexed by that.