The New Raith Rovers Thread

The junior goalie is clearly there in case something goes wrong with the guy from Europe. Which is precisely what any normal club would've done last week in case anything went wrong with the Celtic lad, I guess. 

It does say a lot about our current plight though where defeat to Ayr wasn't even anything to do with our 33 year old attacker, playing in goals for 90 minutes. Anyone wanting updates on the situation for bookie purposes should bear that in mind - we didn't win in the preceding 16 matches with an actual goalkeeper (plus Connor Brennan) either. 

55 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Quote from the FFP this morning.

"The Press understands that a junior football stopper trained with the team yesterday (Monday) while an experienced goalkeeper from Europe is also due to arrive today and could be thrown straight into action pending international clearance".

Yogi then goes on about he wants a keeper that the defence instantly take to. It's the defence's choice who they want pretty much. :lol:

There's no guarantee international clearance will take less than 48 hours to come through even in Europe.

Perhaps there are two Milos Lacny's, his profile picture seems to be a computerised photo of him punting a ball and he appears to have gloves on. I could be wrong but both the official twitter and and Raith TV followed him last night, seemed strange if he's not signing.

IMG_20170307_102812.jpg

28 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

What's the betting we play both the junior goalkeeper and Miloš Lačný up front. It's not just the goalkeeping position that needs sorted after all.

Brennan is out for 4 to 6 weeks by the way.

The one I keep seeing on Google is a striker. Are we sure he's a GK? These days, you have to ask...

Had to re-read the FFP article on the off chance it was saying we're expecting a player from Europe i.e. not necessarily a goalkeeper but defo says goalkeeper from Europe. What's the bets we've fecked up and are following the wrong player? :lol:

I'd love us to sign a random Slovakian striker, to be fair. About the only thing that would make me excited about going down to Stark's tomorrow night.

Maybe he has a pal who also has a pair of Cammy Bell's gloves kicking about. Might as well try him out.

7 minutes ago, Paco said:

I'd love us to sign a random Slovakian striker, to be fair. About the only thing that would make me excited about going down to Stark's tomorrow night.

Maybe he has a pal who also has a pair of Cammy Bell's gloves kicking about. Might as well try him out.

Maybe Hughes has decided to go for a 2 and in rotational strategy for the keeper position.