The New Raith Rovers Thread

I think Ali More does a great job with the match day experience, the problem lies with the other areas. I raised the hospitality issues to Tom Morgan before and he was completely defensive about it and told me there were no problems with it, that's the sort of dinosaurs running the club.
The shop is run by the supporters club, the same supporters club who were against the roary club starting (over 300 members I believe) as it would be competition for the junior supporters club (12 members). Again more dinosaurs

I think there was an incident earlier at a sponsors do where they didnt order enough food so dave wann ( why hes a board member i dont know) told the caterers to cut the pies in half total class. Also as much as i am in favour of the gate price slash as anything has to be done to help us as a gesture us season ticket holders should get a voucher for something to eat or drink. End of the day it wont cost the club only mario just an idea.

I think there was an incident earlier at a sponsors do where they didnt order enough food so dave wann ( why hes a board member i dont know)

10k loan to the club per the last accounts I'm sure, also more obviously, a business genius!

The hospitality at the club is a joke. Season ticket holders get a tiny discount and so are effectively paying £50 for a 2 course meal, a half time pie and coffee and a glass of cheap wine. It's ridiculous. I heard last year someone in hospitality tried to buy a season ticket for the next season at the last home game which was a 5.15 kick off. Was told they were on sale until 3, went down at 3.05 and Drysdale refused to sell him. That's the kind of person running the club. Wouldn't take money for a season ticket.

Regarding the £5 entry this Saturday that's all well and good but I can't see many more folk coming along. The majority of fans that go each and every week have season tickets and anyone who is a partial goer really won't be enticed given the pathetic display from Saturday. We might get 100 more and even that'll be pushing it. What I would ask the club is what reward do all the season tickets get for having to ensure this season?

David Wann did 2 stints as the Fans Director on the Board. Voted on.

He was always under the South Stand before the game and was always approachable

The present incumbent of this position is too busy with a microphone, never seen him under the stand

Only time I remember seeing David Wann on a match day was on the pitch at HT collecting his 50/50 prizes

Still waiting on reply to two emails from him, one direct and one forwarded to him by club on my behalf, two or three years now? Guy must be mega busy

If I'm right in thinking, the only directors with a decent financial stake in the club are Mario, Val and Sim (not sure what has happened with Turnbaulls shares)
The rest need to clear out, the chairman is a mouthpiece and Drysdale is incompetent, this season isn't a one off with him

Eric has to go. I stated to fans at the Somerset park farce that the main persons to blame were the board for the farce that could have easily seen us automatically relegated.

Eric has to go. I stated to fans at the Somerset park farce that the main persons to blame were the board for the farce that could have easily seen us automatically relegated.

I would not say Erik has to go, out of everyone left working at the club he is the best and with out him we would be worse off, but I think he be better taking a back role in the club and getting someone else in with a bit more football knowledge who is also fresh with new ideas and wants to take the club forward. Iv delt with Erik A few times with non football related things. Like sorting tickets and other things and he has been great. We need someone new who not be scared to tell the others there that things need improved as i feel a lot of back room staff are like an old pals act with each other and content. I go back to what warren Hawke at morton he been there since January already moved the away fans to make a better match day atmosphere, made a business clubs for local business to get behind the club and do exclusive evenings ( our clubs attitude is oh no one has any money) The hospitality has ex player, mom and manager interviews. Just simple things that can make things better our club needs fresh input rather than old guys who are retired.

9 hours ago, sonicsco said:

I would not say Erik has to go, out of everyone left working at the club he is the best and with out him we would be worse off, but I think he be better taking a back role in the club and getting someone else in with a bit more football knowledge who is also fresh with new ideas and wants to take the club forward. Iv felt with Erik A few times with non football related things. Like sorting tickets and other things and he has been great. We need someone new who not be scared to tell the others there that things need improved as i feel a lot of back room staff are like an old pals act with each other and content. I go back to what warren Hawke at morton he been there since January already moved the away fans to make a better match day atmosphere, made a business clubs for local business to get behind the club and do exclusive evenings ( our clubs attitude is oh no one has any money) The hospitality has ex player, mom and manager interviews. Just simple things that can make things better our club needs fresh input rather than old guys who are retired.

Well this has taken an entirely new direction.

The problem with effecting change is getting commitment, not just at board level but across the entire spectrum.

Sadly there's not a queue of millionaire fans waiting in the wings cheque book in hand (Although Val does her bit) desperate to join in. Sure there are people with money (a right few that have shed loads of it) but they simply haven't the inclination nor the time to commit to the club.

What we do have is people at the club who are genuine fans and though they are VERY far from perfect I do believe they are doing their best and not deliberately setting out to fail. Our only real hope (other than a Euro Lottery win) is that these people continue to give their time on a regular basis and that when they do f**k it up (which will sometimes happen) that they (a) do not do so in a spectacular fashion. and (b) that they learn from the mistakes of the past.

There may be other people out there willing to help but the key word is commitment. Most of the folks on the board are retired because those are the ones with free time to give to the club. To tweak an old adage a football club is for life not just for Christmas. What has been proved is that even if you don't have money if you have something to offer and commit regularly then entry to the BOD is possible.

Speaking of commitment it's clearly an across the spectrum issue. Take the 200 club for instance, it boasts over 100 members many of whom regularly enjoy the club facilities pre & post match at SP, but when it comes to a function evening seems 90% of them can't be bothered to support it. Take the recent race night at Styx where there were over 40 in a room that could easily seat double that. Forty is a decent number you'd think until you find that less than half of that were 200 club members and the majority were made up from invited  guests and 200 club board members.

Stat's could be made to represent anything but in this numbers game its a trend across that spectrum that decreases dramatically in line with commitment levels.

Time spent on RRFC Business.

Board members will probably average (some do much more of course) about 10-15 hrs per week (12-17%).  Fans average 2.5 hrs for home games and around 4 for away games (1.1% & 4.7%)

Potential fans? Kirkcaldy & Glenrothes area, Population appx 120,000+. - RRFC core support, 1400  (appx 1.1%)

Potential Board members? Raith supporting Millionaires about 10 (I'd guess) - Those on the BOD investing in Raith, 1

Various Club Members (200 club, Trust, J. McMillan Club Supporters club etc) appx 600-700 - Those that attend fundraising events  (appx 25%)

If you can't get the men/women on the street (those of the 120,000) to attend more often or the individual club members to attend fundraisers in better numbers what chance is there in getting wealthy individuals to invest both time and hard cash into the club? 

Before someone shoots me down, I'm not an enemy nor a fan of the board. But if they can hold their hand up, admit error, promise it won't happen again and most importantly keep those promises then I am willing to give them their head.