The New Raith Rovers Thread

Some of the directors dont put money into the club including  drysdale but its no surprise one of the directors saying oh its nothing to do with me that just sums up our board. The reason Drysdale gets to make so many decisions is that the board simply cant be arsed so they leave to him we really need to get rid of most of the board with the exception of the ones who do put money into the club the ones who dont who exactly gives them the right to make important decisions. 

I really feel sorry for Lewis! It is by no means his fault at all. He is just doing what he does best, playing football and scoring goals. It's a pretty awful situation to be put in if you're him.

Yeah, he's done nothing wrong here. From what I can see he's acted nothing short of model professional during this whole scenario. He's been a great addition to our squad and as he's said, he's in an awkward situation through no fault of his own.

The guy is obviously a terrible manager but I'd be very surprised if that's how Gary Locke put it across to the board.

I highly doubt it was put across like that to your BOD, but at the end of the day, that's what it was. However it was 'sold' to the board by Locke, its flabbergasting and utterly unbelievable that nobody vetoed it, being able to easily see that there was at the very least, a risk that Vaughan could aid a relegation rival.

The fact he's been excellent for us, scoring goals, and performed in such an exemplary manner both on and off the pitch for us just makes the decision to loan him to us even more shameful.

I'd hope the Raith players don't hold any grudges regarding it, seeing it as the purely professional arrangement it was.

1 hour ago, donny86 said:

I heard Locke wanted him to go to Brechin but the board (Drysdale) didn't allow it cos they wouldn't cover his whole wage

That's the sort of thing I heard from a director. Locke wanted him out and Drysdale pushed him in the direction of Dumbarton because they were willing to pay his wages. 

On the point of directors and their influence, some of them were not involved in the appointment of Gary Locke.

Might all come out in the wash quite soon.

That's the sort of thing I heard from a director. Locke wanted him out and Drysdale pushed him in the direction of Dumbarton because they were willing to pay his wages. 
On the point of directors and their influence, some of them were not involved in the appointment of Gary Locke.

If true, that's unbelievable. Surely someone, even if Drysdale didn't, could have foreseen the potential risk in loaning Vaughan out to us.

I understand the financial aspect of the deal, but surely someone could have stepped in and halted this absolutely barmy arrangement before it was rubber-stamped?

2 minutes ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

If true, that's unbelievable. Surely someone, even if Drysdale didn't, could have foreseen the potential risk in loaning Vaughan out to us.

I understand the financial aspect of the deal, but surely someone could have stepped in and halted this absolutely barmy arrangement before it was rubber-stamped?

Dictators don't generally ask for something to be rubber-stamped.

Fair enough.
Still got agreed by somebody on the board though. 

Management was backed. League 1 teams wanted him but for his future development it was agreed Dumbarton in Championship was best club to progress when they made an enquiry.

4 hours ago, Dynamo 2013 said:

Decision nothing to do with board it was purely a management decision that allowed Dumbarton to recruit Lewis emoji3.png

OK, but can't believe Gary F Locke was allowed to make that decision on his own

Gary F Locke shouldn't have been allowed to make that decision on his own, no way

Terrible situation to put a young man in.

I think once the season is done, whether in this league or the league below, the fans really do need to be pushing for answers from the club about the decision making processes with the club. 

Lewis, to his credit, has never come across as unprofessional as others have mentioned. If we do go down, then I don't think it's unreasonable for the fans to say to the board that they should be taking the hit rather than their usual attitude of blaming the fans. The resounding response from the board at the start of the season was that Locke was an awful appointment. They ploughed ahead and it's ended up here. Everyone warned them. Nobody was listened to. It's their responsibility

Edited by rw89

I know I'm in the minority here but I would keep Hughes, the players downed tools under Locke months ago incidentally Lockes players / signings.

Now Yogi is getting the blame! What about the players ? they don't give a s@@@e , they are not even trying whether the like the manager or not get out on that park and perform and do what your paid to do

i guess when you loaned out vaughan you were in 5th and after finishing in the playoffs last season you guys were looking up rather than down. so at the time may not have seemed as mental a decision as it does now. obviously i dont know the ins and outs of what you thought at the time.

i guess when you loaned out vaughan you were in 5th and after finishing in the playoffs last season you guys were looking up rather than down. so at the time may not have seemed as mental a decision as it does now. obviously i dont know the ins and outs of what you thought at the time.

That must have been the thinking but even by then we were in free fall and most, if not all, supporters were looking down rather than up.

Out of interest, what games do folk think the players haven't tried in? Presumably not the last five home fixtures as they're unbeaten in those.

The last minute defeat to Hibs where we could have won?

The narrow defeats to Dunfermline and Falkirk?

Saturday was abysmal, but to suggest the players just didn't try, seems an easy cop out to divert attention from other things which deserve to be scrutinised.