The New Raith Rovers Thread

22 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

Not read anything since last but part let me game mine and that's it.

If Eric Drysdale doesn't lease l will never be back at the Rovers.

He is not going to leave though is he. Nothing is ever his fault according to him and the fans at who attend starks have hardly shown any dissention towards the board. I totally agree he should go but I just can't see it happening. Stopping supporting the club helps no one though. 

Hopefully things can move fairly swiftly with regards to contracts and new manager so we can have some kind of focus. Think any talk of pishing the league next season is well wide of the mark at this stage. This could be a relatively long rebuilding job.

Financially this could absolutely f**k the club, but possibly it's going to take something like this to trigger a change in how we are run. Either way, really feels like the years of hard work getting back to this level and sustaining the club have been utterly chucked away and totally needlessly.

All the stick is warranted and just have to get on with it. We are quick to dish it our to others.

Bring on next season :lol:

Locke would've had Raith finishing bottom. End of the day, yogi targeted play offs and he got them. A part of me feels sorry for him, with him being a hibs fan. Then I remember he signed Edwin de graaf; for money too and I wish so much pain and heartache on him.

12 hours ago, batross07 said:

If the club have agreed to release all players who are contracted, including the young prospects, then can they release me from my season ticket?? Because that would be suicide starting from scratch. I agree a clear out is needed, but there are some players I would be happy to keep

If we've been daft enough to literally release everybody I'll be posting my season ticket back. 1 ticket at a time addressed to Drysdale

9 hours ago, StanDrew said:

Gary Locke had the Rovers 19pts clear of St.Mirren at 1 stage surely the club should bring him back

Even Ayr managed to get ahead of that st mirren though.

7 hours ago, microdave said:

When I spoke to Lewis Vaughan at the Dumbarton poty do last week, I asked him what was Gary Locke thinking when he let him come on loan he said "cos Gary Locke's a fucking idiot"

To be fair he's not wrong.

36 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

you arseholes have ruined what would have been our only good away game next season

We've managed to upset a par by getting relegated, life's not all bad.

John Potter to take over Raith with Darren Young replacing him on Pars' coaching team. He will give Raith a fighting chance of avoiding successive relegations and could entice former Pars like David Hutton to sign.

"Although this agreement extends only until the end of this season, we're confident John's particular brand of management will bring a freshness to Stark's Park and excite our fans."

Didn't realise the freshness was league one.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Heard the same after the game yesterday.

No thanks. We need a manager to change the way we play football. For too long we have played turgid, rotten football. Going for Mcglynn will be a step backwards again. Darren Young and Billy Stark for me.