The New Raith Rovers Thread

Hmm

"Further information on the search for the new manager, including an in-depth interview with CEO Eric Drysdale, will be published in Thursday's Fife Free Press."

Ooooh I canny wait.:rolleyes:

8 hours ago, SuperHans said:

So we've become a much more stable club since our last relegation and thanks to that stability we will be in the strongest position possible to come straight back up.

There's no crystal ball here, just using my brain. If you've got one, you should try using it for thinking before you start typing away or imagining shoving musical instruments up people's arses.

As for putting your house on Raith to win the league. Wouldn't be a bad bet, we're the strongest team in that league, biggest home support, biggest budget, best facilities and a strong enough platform to come back up at the first time of asking. Having said that, if you lose your house, you're always welcome to stay with me.

Biggest budget? You know something everyone else doesnt? Sadly that proves nothing considering we couldn't beat a poor Brechin part time outfit over 2 games, Don't have any confidence coming straight back up to be honest especially with the present board having the task of picking a new manager when they got the last 2 appointments badly wrong. Just feel the BOD have undone all the good work of the last few years 

2 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

Wonder if the apology will finally be forthcoming?

I'm gonna take a massive gamble on this one and say.....

Naw!

The article says we have 7 players signed up for next season. I thought the consensus wasn't we had 10?

Vaughan, Callachan, Cuthbert, Matthews, B.Barr, Davo, Thomson, Bene, Stewart and C.Barr..?

C.Barr was a year with the option of a further year which has possibly not been triggered. I'm guessing other players that were on 2 year deals and haven't played as much this year could actually have been on the same type of deal would mean Jason Thomson and Cuthbert might not actually be signed up for next year either which would be a nightmare if that was Cuthberts' case? Davo was the other one that was said at the time to be given a 2 year deal which would include next season.

Ding Dang was just speaking baws. DC on his holidays now too so unless it's a Skype interview you've no got to worry about him.

Who knows you might be pleasantly surprised. Don't see why Hartley or whatever wouldn't fancy a crack at it...?

I wasn't speaking "baws" as you call it but clearly your upset about something. Whatever you think he was interviewed but won't be coming. Don't know how many times and different ways I have to say it.

Wonder if the Club will take this rumoured £250,000 from Penman and said Directors fall on their swords?

The way things are going we could do more with the money than with said Directors.

Penman is a hothead but we saw some of our best days when he was at the Club.

Just now, donny86 said:

Maybe it'll be Raymond Sparkes

He must be the world's only noir football agent. 

"Sparkes gazed out from behind his desk, surveying the figure who'd stooped through the door of his office. Sparkes had never seen him before. He was a big man, but no bigger than a beer truck. He wore saran-wrapped jeans and a camouflage bomber jacket the colour of Mikhail Gorbachev's forehead.

"Have you ever heard of Kirkcaldy, Pavel?", Sparkes purred, a glint in his eye.

Taken aback, the Slovak instinctively felt for the passport wedged into his back pocket. It'd be the last time."   

He's not the brightest guy and interviews like a ned who's just left school. 

To be fair, I can empathise with Eric. Bare minimum you want is for the candidate to be able to communicate effectively. Monosyllabic grunters need not apply.

Now...bucktoothed Dick does an impressive after dinner speech. Doesn't he? Just saying.