The New Raith Rovers Thread

48 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

image.jpeg

Some interesting facial expressions there. Skacel leaning over to slyly whisper "Gary Locke's not got a clue by the way", Jackson at the front not really knowing what's going on or where he is and Locke nervously chuckling away to himself thinking how he'll be able to somehow convince us he's of managerial quality. 

I'd be pretty pleased with Spence signing for this level. Little bit older than he was last time and he's done very well with Cowdenbeath and Alloa in League One.

Also if he works with his Dad, there's every chance he'll still pick up afternoons or such like to keep his money at the same level if that's a concern. I don't think people really appreciate how little full-time footballers actually do. 

If we're talking players coming back, I'd be delighted to see Grant Anderson return too. Not sure I see that one happening though. 

1 hour ago, Paco said:

I'd be pretty pleased with Spence signing for this level. Little bit older than he was last time and he's done very well with Cowdenbeath and Alloa in League One.

Also if he works with his Dad, there's every chance he'll still pick up afternoons or such like to keep his money at the same level if that's a concern. I don't think people really appreciate how little full-time footballers actually do. 

If we're talking players coming back, I'd be delighted to see Grant Anderson return too. Not sure I see that one happening though. 

Grant Anderson a player that had no final delivery when he played for us and has achieved nothing since he left.

1 hour ago, Paco said:

I was saying this the other day, found himself at Peterhead and would surely be up for coming back. He would be a nightmare for teams in this league. 

I was saying this the other day, found himself at Peterhead and would surely be up for coming back. He would be a nightmare for teams in this league. 

I would love to have Anderson back. We should never have let him go in the first place

2 minutes ago, rrfcgav said:

I would love to have Anderson back. We should never have let him go in the first place

Certainly not when Chris Johnston was his replacement. 

Anderson is out of contract at Peterhead so he's available at least. I'd certainly have no qualms about taking him back. Looking at the Peterhead thread an Airdrie fan mentioned they'd heard they were looking at him. 

All I seem to read over and over is our fans calling for ex players to return, all well and good if the fit is right but at same time it is really easy to judge them on familiarity basis but for each one there are many players of similar status playing elsewhere that you just haven't seen play very much with your own eyes if at all.

For what it's worth I think Anderson would of/would make a cracking wing back. Maybe something he will consider now he is getting on a bit in footballing terms

All I seem to read over and over is our fans calling for ex players to return, all well and good if the fit is right but at same time it is really easy to judge them on familiarity basis but for each one there are many players of similar status playing elsewhere that you just haven't seen play very much with your own eyes if at all.
For what it's worth I think Anderson would of/would make a cracking wing back. Maybe something he will consider now he is getting on a bit in footballing terms

To be fair, one of our ex players, Spence, is probably the best player we can realistically bring in, in that position.

To be fair, given the choice between Spence and Buchanan, I'd have Buchanan every day of the week but I really can't see him coming to us if Livingston have a deal on the table for him as well. Although I think Barry Smith did work with him at Alloa?

2 hours ago, raith1974 said:

Grant Anderson a player that had no final delivery when he played for us and has achieved nothing since he left.

Pity about that, as you say done hee haw since he left - what happened there

also if his final ball had been even a little bit more consistent he could have been a player

will Smith go for him, doubt it. Nice lad all the same.