The New Raith Rovers Thread

If Craig Barr and Thomson stay that's 12 signed players. What do we reckon another left back, right winger, striker and back up keeper to bring it upto 16? Possibly a back up for full back and on the wing as well if we're being greedy? 

I would hope for another couple of strikers as the only one we have at the minute is Jonny Court..

You might think Vaughan is one, he isn't. He's an attacking midfielder.

Fucking Davo for another year. 

Would've liked to keep Stewart but the rest I'm not bothered about. 

So long as there is a breath in his body, we'll offer Davo a contract.

So long as there is a breath in his body, we'll offer Davo a contract.

Why does he keep signing the contracts though? He clearly doesn't care for the fans which he showed in the game against Brechin with his hand gestures towards the fans. He should be hounded out the club for that. Not welcomed back.

Here we go again the lino lickers hetting carried away with themselves, your NOT a big team, you've NEVER been a big team snd you NEVER will be a big team

The seethe is strong with this one

I'm happy enough with that list. Hopefully we can keep craig Barr and maybe Jason Thompson too. Would be class if we could get hardie somehow but dunno how likely that is. Can't believe we kept Davo [emoji23]

Good core of players retained. Out of interest has anyone seen any of the younger lads in action in any of the youth games? Be interesting to see some thoughts as to whom from the list may be closest to breaking through.

Would be happy if we retain Barr, would settle for Thomson as he'll probably be fine for this league but personally think it has went a bit stale.

I do hope Smith has an eye for an attaching midfielder - I felt last season, from the games I saw, that our strikers lacked service at times. I know everyone sings their praises of the two young lads because they've came through the youth system but id like a bit more a creative midfielder paired with Matthews or Callaghan. Both are work horses, break up play etc but on the attacking front just don't do enough for me.

Delighted with Bobby Barr staying too - potential to tear up League 1 if he's in the mood!

No idea but Naismith was in for Stewart in January for QotS on a PCA but he decided to sign on with us. Naismith might decide to go back in and offer him something.

I'm fairly sure that was a made up story from a QoS fan on here.

Bobby Barr must have made some improvement as a player if you think he will tear defences apart . When he was with us a few seasons back he couldn't get a game in a team that avoided relegation in the play offs.One hard tackle and he disappears.

Bobby Barr must have made some improvement as a player if you think he will tear defences apart . When he was with us a few seasons back he couldn't get a game in a team that avoided relegation in the play offs.One hard tackle and he disappears.

Not exactly true is it, he scored some screamers and won us games on his own, he didn't get a game because we were setting up defensively and he's not that kind of player.

By all accounts davo is actually a rovers fan. He does get annoyed by the stick he gets from the fans because he does give 100%. Unfortunately his 100% isn't really good enough. I think he's done as a player but we will see how it goes next season.

I'm annoyed Stewart isn't signed up. Despite his injurys and one leg other than the other nonsense he would have done well for us next season.

Hopefully we hear of new signings before the week is out to get us excited for next season.

3 minutes ago, fifer67 said:

He was our Player's Player of the Year, big improvement indeed.:ph34r:

I'm fairly sure that was a made up story from a QoS fan on here.

Striker is the one area of the park that didn't require strengthening so I've absolutely no doubt Naysmith was in for him.

9 minutes ago, grumswall said:

By all accounts davo is actually a rovers fan. He does get annoyed by the stick he gets from the fans because he does give 100%. Unfortunately his 100% isn't really good enough. I think he's done as a player but we will see how it goes next season.

I thought he was a big Celtic fan? 

He was on a two year deal so was never going to leave unless another club wanted him.