The New Raith Rovers Thread

By all accounts davo is actually a rovers fan. He does get annoyed by the stick he gets from the fans because he does give 100%. Unfortunately his 100% isn't really good enough. I think he's done as a player but we will see how it goes next season.

Davo gives 100%? You must be joking.

Lino lickers was rotten patter 8 year ago when we shared a league and it's rotten patter now. East Fife fans could do with some new material. 

Poor c***s don't even have a train station. Even Cowdenbeath have a train station.

They really are the poor relations.

12 hours ago, CALDERON said:

:lol: That's right. The lassie on the tannoy was going wild.

3 hours ago, Ancient Mariner said:

aye and she is till there and still goes wild occasionally 

Is this the same wumman that sounds like she's smoked 60 Capstain full strength a day since she was five?

I think that list of retained players is as good as we dared hoped when the rumours of everyone being free to find new clubs were on the go.

Some sensible additions and non insane management and we should be up there challenging

Maybe i'm in the minority but I have no issues with keeping Davo for next season. Solid defender at this level and can play several positions. 

I'm the same. Think we are in the minority.

Can't see us having a squad of more than 16 players, so we'll probably need to have a couple of utility players and hope the youth players can fill in.

I thought he was a big Celtic fan? 
He was on a two year deal so was never going to leave unless another club wanted him. 

Just going off what iv been told from a mate of his.
Davo gives 100%? You must be joking.

He does, it might be a shite 100% but it's his 100%

He does, it might be a shite 100% but it's his 100%

Rubbish. Seen him standing about the middle of the park not doing an awful lot plenty of times last season. It's bad enough that he doesn't have the ability, his attitude makes him even worse.

Before I was born , what happened then and after ?

East Fife were still shite, even back then.

And after? Well we didn't do much, apart from play Bayern Munich in the UEFA Cup. East Fife were still shite.

Rubbish. Seen him standing about the middle of the park not doing an awful lot plenty of times last season. It's bad enough that he doesn't have the ability, his attitude makes him even worse.

He was probably our best rb last season yet only played 5 games there? I'm assuming that you know he wasn't told to do that by our pish managers? Davos game is all about passion, good or bad. He certainly isn't a technical player.

3 hours ago, Dazzle said:

If Craig Barr and Thomson stay that's 12 signed players. What do we reckon another left back, right winger, striker and back up keeper to bring it upto 16? Possibly a back up for full back and on the wing as well if we're being greedy? 

I wouldn't be surprised if Barry Dmith has been on the phone to Scott Patterson the assistant manager at Partick regarding a season loan deal for their Young left back James Penrice. He arrived at Bayview on loan in January and despite only turning 18 in December he was extremely impressive and despite being slightly raw he has all the attributes to have a bright future in the game and will easily manage a season in League 1 again.