The New Raith Rovers Thread

Davo made a fine right back, steady if not outstanding cover.

Stewart :(

B.Barr even the half arsed player that showed up for Hughes should do a job, the Barr that started last season would look like a superstar.

C.Barr call me daft but surely he can manage to stay fit this time, him and Bene were always a decent pairing.

Thomson meh, looked done for most of last season but what else is out there that's better, affordable and willing to play down here.

Couldn't really have hoped for much better, vaguely optimistic just now but then again I said that last year although shortly after I'd said it we appointed Locke.

The Fife teams fans are interesting.
You have Dunfermline fans who don't really have much in the way of any dislike towards Rovers but love to wind us up and lord it up about club size and then Rovers posters who really dislike Dunfermline and bite to everything, usually in a 'facepalm' type way.
Then you have Rovers fans who don't really have much in the way of any dislike towards East Fife but will more than likely enjoy winding them up about club size and East Fife posters who really dislike Rovers and bite to everything, usually in a 'facepalm' type of way,
So far we're on course.

See here, Jimmy.

I'm fairly sure that was a made up story from a QoS fan on here.

Was it not the Dundee United fan Alert Mongoose that invented the Mark Stewart to QoS rumour? Think he has a track record for this sort of fantasy "exclusive" stuff. A bit like Wasps1 or whatever alias he's currently adopting since being banned.

He was probably our best rb last season yet only played 5 games there? I'm assuming that you know he wasn't told to do that by our pish managers? Davos game is all about passion, good or bad. He certainly isn't a technical player.

Our best right back is hardly anything to boast about. I seem to remember him pretty badly at fault for the goal away to Hibs on Christmas Eve.

A real shame Stewart has gone. He'd have been a very big player for us had he stayed.

Stewart was a player I often changed my opinion of, but I reckon he would do a decent job in League One. From that point of view, I'm a bit disappointed he's gone. 

Hopefully we'll start announcing signings soon. 

Before I was born , what happened then and after ?

We did play in the UEFA cup after that and been in the championship for years and just won the challenge cup 3 years ago against rangers so I'd say we've done pretty decent.

Don't see the love for Stewart, runs about a lot and doesn't score enough.
bit like Graham Weir 

From memory, last season apart, he's scored about 10 goals a season for us.

Even last season, his goals were usually against decent opposition and got us the victories.

Pars, Falkirk and QoS off the top of my head.