The New Raith Rovers Thread

16 minutes ago, Raith_Rasta said:

Not saying this about Hardie but would a player rather join a mediocre championship side or a choice of title favourite teams in League 1 for a chance of a medal ? It's just a passing thought I had, ha

Can you imagine the damage he could do down here with even half decent service :)

6 hour round trip on a Tuesday evening is a bit ridiculous but it was going to happen to one of us. I won't be there for that one anyway.

You'd think they could have used saturday 22nd July for a long away trip or is there another fixture planned?

12 minutes ago, Pat 1958 said:

Here we go again the lino lickers hetting carried away with themselves, your NOT a big team, you've NEVER been a big team snd you NEVER will be a big team

Someone's getting carried away, right enough.

14 minutes ago, Pat 1958 said:

Here we go again the lino lickers hetting carried away with themselves, your NOT a big team, you've NEVER been a big team snd you NEVER will be a big team

Still bigger than everyone else in this league but that doesnt say much for us when every team will probably bring 100 fans at best to SP.

Retained

Kevin Cuthbert, Kyle Benedictus, Bobby Barr, Ross Callachan, Ross Matthews, Iain Davidson, Lewis Vaughan, David McKay (new contract signed) and Scott Robertson & Jonny Court (new contracts agreed in principle).

Apprentice professionals also retained: James Berry, Ryan Stevenson, Jamie Watson, Kyle Bell & Fionn McLeod Kay. Also Rory Brian (Amateur)

Released

Conor Brennan, Joel Coustrain, Chris Johnston, Jean-Yves M’Voto, Kevin McHattie, Scott Roberts, Rudi Skacel, Mark Stewart, and David Syme

The only one I'm a wee bit disappointed with is Davidson staying, but I'm hoping that a division down the game won't pass him by as much and more importantly he won't be in the team every week because we'll have Robertson, Callachan and Matthews. The only real noteworthy name leaving is Stewart, obviously doesn't fancy staying. Good luck to him, a decent servant over the last few years.

If Craig Barr and Thomson stay that's 12 signed players. What do we reckon another left back, right winger, striker and back up keeper to bring it upto 16? Possibly a back up for full back and on the wing as well if we're being greedy?