The New Raith Rovers Thread

“ Join us, and together let’s get this club back ROARING BACK where it belongs!”

Barry Smith definitely said that. 

Maybe it's a common turn of phrase where he comes from.

Like when Fifers come out with that shite about being "over the moon".

Not as fussed about Mark Stewart going. Was a decent player, but I imagine we can bring in someone of a similar calibre.

Craig Barr going on the other hand is very disappointing. Had hoped if we could keep him fit, him and Bene would have forged a solid partnership. Maybe a case though that Davo and Bene will be 2 of the back 4, with 2 to come in.

It's like a motivational speech from David Brent.

Here we go... A positive statement from the club designed to get fans back on side, and here we have the typical fickle 'doom and gloomers' picking holes and finding faults.

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Here we go... A positive statement from the club designed to get fans back on side, and here we have the typical fickle 'doom and gloomers' picking holes and finding faults.

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Was that you happy clapping?

1 hour ago, GhostZapper said:

Not as fussed about Mark Stewart going. Was a decent player, but I imagine we can bring in someone of a similar calibre.

Craig Barr going on the other hand is very disappointing. Had hoped if we could keep him fit, him and Bene would have forged a solid partnership. Maybe a case though that Davo and Bene will be 2 of the back 4, with 2 to come in.

:blink::blink:

5 hours ago, SuperHans said:

Gutted to lose C. Barr. He was a class act. Can understand him leaving if he couldn't get what he wanted out of us for full time and maybe the club were hoping for some kind of commitment from him after what they did during his time out injured. Also sad to see Stewart go. I heard he didn't sign because his disabled parking badge wasn't included in his new contract. Apparently having one leg bigger than the other isn't a disability anymore...

The rest of the retained group is promising. Can't wait to see Bobby Barr hit the form he has the potential to hit. I'd hope that Smith can get better out of these guys than Locke and Hughes did and that he puts his own stamp on the squad. Wouldn't feel comfortable depending solely on that group of players given what happened last season.

I was happy when I read that Barr had left, then realised it was the wrong one.  Bobby is a wind up merchant with very little potential imo. 

I was happy when I read that Barr had left, then realised it was the wrong one.  Bobby is a wind up merchant with very little potential imo. 

Bobby Barr is a class act and a guy that plays football with a smile on his face. All you have to do is watch some of the videos of him when he was playing for Livi and Morton. He's shown his potential with his previous clubs and ours in the Championship and League 1, he won POTY and is highly thought of by most at his previous clubs. I'd say he's by far the most promising player that we've managed to retain.

7 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

Bobby Barr is a class act and a guy that plays football with a smile on his face. All you have to do is watch some of the videos of him when he was playing for Livi and Morton. He's shown his potential with his previous clubs and ours in the Championship and League 1, he won POTY and is highly thought of by most at his previous clubs. I'd say he's by far the most promising player that we've managed to retain.

Hi Bobby! *waves to Bobby Barr*

Unfortunately you were actually a thoroughly mediocre player in your spell at Morton, which is why people weren't all that fussed about your decision to slither across the country to link up with your gormless pal Ray 'Ray' McKinnon. Which must have been nice for you during the 36 hours that he remained manager of the club. Needless to say that losing your sand-dancing exploits and replacing them with Ross Forbes in the same position, who became our top scorer and one of the top assist-makers in the division, was rather a boon during our successful campaign on all fronts. For you... clearly not so much. 

Oh and both your and Declan McManus' tear-stained meltdowns at the home fans at Cappielow in October added a deep, savoury note to your humiliating relegation to the seaside leagues.

1495895702405.jpg.c72df94c9fe7fb449a0c523391c853a5.jpg

Unfortunately you were actually a thoroughly mediocre player in your spell at Morton, which is why people weren't all that fussed about your decision to slither across the country to link up with your gormless pal Ray 'Ray' McKinnon. Which must have been nice for you during the 36 hours that he remained manager of the club. Needless to say that losing your sand-dancing exploits and replacing them with Ross Forbes in the same position, who became our top scorer and one of the top assist-makers in the division, was rather a boon during our successful campaign on all fronts. For you... clearly not so much. 
Oh and both your and Declan McManus' tear-stained meltdowns at the home fans at Cappielow in October added a deep, savoury note to your humiliating relegation to the seaside leagues.
1495895702405.jpg.c72df94c9fe7fb449a0c523391c853a5.jpg

He shag your missus or something? :lol:

6 minutes ago, virginton said:

This is true dedication for a fan, I rarely have time to venture outside my own club's thread, let alone stalk new clubs of former players that I didn't rate when they were there.
To actually follow them to another division over a year is properly mental. :)

9 minutes ago, mr mince said:

This is true dedication for a fan, I rarely have time to venture outside my own club's thread, let alone stalk new clubs of former players that I didn't rate when they were there.

New posts literally appear on the timeline on the forum homepage; it's a two second process. And you're fooling absolutely no-one by claiming that you have anything better to do with your time: high-flying CEO you are not. You're simply just too thick to navigate the forum. 

To actually follow them to another division over a year is properly mental. :)

No, what's 'properly mental' is that you set up that completely rubbish argument and then posted it thinking that it would work out well for you.