The New Raith Rovers Thread

40 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

Lifeguard ?

Bloody hell, I hope not... that requires being in the right place, at the right time, in order to carry out the task you've been trained to do!

2 hours ago, SuperHans said:

It's great to know that having a difference in opinion is such frowned upon thing to have.

And for anyone saying I'm some kind of troll, the fact that you can get so wound up over an opinion that isn't shared as your own is pathetic. I would say to grow up.

What winds me up is seeing our most promising young player brought down and disrespected on a public forum by some p***k who claims to be an insider at our club.

It seems to me that you are insanley jealous of how popular Vaughan is and that has driven you to the point where you are desperate for him to leave the club, even if that would have a negative effect on the teams title chances.

The 'we need to take the money' argument is Bullshit we will still get money for him at the end of the season and promotion is more important financially than any nominal fee we would receive. 

It really is a scary thought that the likes of you work for/run the club. Please just f**k off away from P&B and Raith Rovers.

I'm not actually believing SuperHans is some insider from the club, I think he's taken a few sly comments about people mocking him about such a thing that he's taken it and ran with it as being true i.e. trolling. 

As you all know I've been known for my negative attitude. But now we have a manager and team albeit a small squad determined to put last season behind them. Now we have a board member on here determined to destabilise and dismantle what could be a positive season and a cohesive team. We're not a one man team and Vaughan is an integral part of this team.

Jesus there really are people getting their knickers in a twist about my views.

If you look back through my posts, you'll see that I've always said "if the offer/price is right".

I've no problems with Vaughan as a person, there's no "agenda" from me. I had originally questioned the hype about him and explained that I personally felt there were other young promising players at the club and not to pin every hope we had on a relatively un proven player. I've since picked up on the valid argument that Vaughan staying versus him being sold, may be worth weighing up properly in terms of his value and what his actual worth is to us now as a transfer or as a player this season.

The fact that some people seem to disagree is fair and I accept their points. The fact that what I can only imagine as 'grown up' adults can get themselves so worked up over a difference in opinion is laughable. My point has been shared, I'll leave it at that. But I won't be leaving this forum because I've upset a few keyboard warriors who can't stand someone else having a different opinion.

3 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

Jesus there really are people getting their knickers in a twist about my views.

If you look back through my posts, you'll see that I've always said "if the offer/price is right".

I've no problems with Vaughan as a person, there's no "agenda" from me. I had originally questioned the hype about him and explained that I personally felt there were other young promising players at the club and not to pin every hope we had on a relatively un proven player. I've since picked up on the valid argument that Vaughan staying versus him being sold, may be worth weighing up properly in terms of his value and what his actual worth is to us now as a transfer or as a player this season.

The fact that some people seem to disagree is fair and I accept their points. The fact that what I can only imagine as 'grown up' adults can get themselves so worked up over a difference in opinion is laughable. My point has been shared, I'll leave it at that. But I won't be leaving this forum because I've upset a few keyboard warriors who can't stand someone else having a different opinion.

And you called me ? a space cadet ! what  a bellend you really are . :shutup

It's great to know that having a difference in opinion is such frowned upon thing to have.

Being hounded by all of you who seem to know a lot better than anyone else. The last post by Calderon is exactly what I'm meaning. He hasn't had a full season to prove himself which highlights my concerns that he may or may not ever prove himself over a full season. However he had made interest just now so my point remains the same; sell him while we have the chance.

And for anyone saying I'm some kind of troll, the fact that you can get so wound up over an opinion that isn't shared as your own is pathetic. I would say to grow up.

Surely we should be giving him a full season to prove himself, rather than selling him to an spl which at this stage in this career might be too much of a step up and ruin the boys career completely.

Right now, he looks confident and that can be a big part of him having a good season. If we then sell him next year, we should be able to negotiate a bigger fee for him.

Say, just for arguments sake, we do get rid of him, who are we going to bring in to replace him? And are you seriously suggesting we wait until january to do so?

The reason people get wound up about the opinions you have given about being desperate to get shot of vaughan is because we are fans that love the club, and want to see us do well with the best possible players at our disposal.

43 minutes ago, Raithie said:

I'm not actually believing SuperHans is some insider from the club, I think he's taken a few sly comments about people mocking him about such a thing that he's taken it and ran with it as being true i.e. trolling. 

Nah, he pm'd me saying so the day he registered. 

2 minutes ago, Bambino7 said:

Nah, he pm'd me saying so the day he registered. 

To be fair I could PM you saying I'm actually Lewis Vaughan posing as an innocent Rovers fan , doesn't really mean to say I'm telling the truth. 

4 minutes ago, Raithie said:

To be fair I could PM you saying I'm actually Lewis Vaughan posing as an innocent Rovers fan , doesn't really mean to say I'm telling the truth. 

True, but I meant him jumping on the troll persona after a few posts, he claimed to me from the start he was a club official before anyone mentioned it.  That's not to say he's joined with the intention of lying about being a club official before PM'in me hoping I would keep my mouth shut when he started his one-man crusade against LV.  

What a fantastic couple of days I've had keeping up to date with the posts in this thread. My thoughts...

Firstly, I think we're all agreed that in an ideal world we keep Vaughan, he scores 15+ goals this season as well as multiple assists for the BS (not Bull-Shit) strike partnership and we win the league.

Secondly, none of us know any facts, originally it was the Killie rumour which Bambino has since quashed (still baffles me as to how he A. knows all this and B. is allowed to give us so much information about Vaughans career if he is a mate) and now it's the Dundee rumour which as far as I'm aware is just that, a rumour.

The board and Barry Smith won't want to lose Vaughan but as Superhans has touched on, in a roundabout way, every player has his price and if that is too good to say no to, then board should take it. Who knows, Barry Smith might have 2-3 players in mind who he believes will be good enough to strengthen the squad and help us win the league, if given the funding The notion that selling Vaughan is conceding the title to Ayr before a ball has been kicked or the window has shut is ludicrous.

None of us know the ins and outs, we're all speculating as to what the board has or will be offered and we have no idea what Lewis Vaughan wants to do. I do have confidence in the fact that if Vaughan was to go Barry Smith would make the right decisions in bringing in one or two players who will still be able to 'do a job' in this league.

Let's all relax too, only 10 months until we're singing CHAMPIONNNEEEEEEEEEESS again.

16 minutes ago, Sweaty Morph said:

Plot twist: SuperHans is actually Lewis Vaughan trying to soften the blow of his imminent departure to Dundee for £10K and the loan of Craig Wighton when his injury clears up in the new year.

Our board would probably agree to take Wighton on loan just now, never mind in the new year.

52 minutes ago, Bambino7 said:

True, but I meant him jumping on the troll persona after a few posts, he claimed to me from the start he was a club official before anyone mentioned it.  That's not to say he's joined with the intention of lying about being a club official before PM'in me hoping I would keep my mouth shut when he started his one-man crusade against LV.  

I would say you have a good reputation with the Raith fans over the times you have visited our Forum.

You have also been accurate in most situations re. LV in the past, I take it, therefore you and he are mates.

As for SH**s, most on this Forum have been around it long enough to spot , if not a troll, a pain in the butt, who won't let it go..in spite of any evidence that LV is "on the move".

I find it hard to believe that even for the Raith Bod/Officials, there would be one with the temerity to reveal that to the Forum or you and then witter on as he does!!

As someone said earlier ignore him, "don't feed the troll"

1 minute ago, Wee Sandy said:

I would say you have a good reputation with the Raith fans over the times you have visited our Forum.

You have also been accurate in most situations re. LV in the past, I take it, therefore you and he are mates.

As for SH**s, most on this Forum have been around it long enough to spot , if not a troll, a pain in the butt, who won't let it go..in spite of any evidence that LV is "on the move".

I find it hard to believe that even for the Raith Bod/Officials, there would be one with the temerity to reveal that to the Forum or you and then witter on as he does!!

As someone said earlier ignore him, "don't feed the troll"

Thanks and good point :)