The New Raith Rovers Thread

Surely this has to be trolling? Otherwise did Vaughan shit on your carpet or something? There are no guarantees in football so why gamble at this stage in the season? We already have a small squad by reducing it further with no guarantees of any players never mind quality ones coming in from any resultant fee is lunancy.

Selling him guarantees a return of some sort, keeping him guarantees nothing. We didn't get "nothing" for bates. The loan players weren't up to much but who were the people making the decisions on who we brought in? Didn't hear anyone complaining when Ryan "scores when he wants" Hardie was brought in...  

Selling him doesn't guarantee a return at all.

The rumoured Killie interest stems from the fact that a few fans on their thread have heard that 2 attacking players are coming in from lower league clubs. The players have already agreed terms, they're only waiting for the club's to release them from their contracts. If this is true, and Vaughan is one of them then we are getting f**k all for him.

The Bates deal we got, a further 5 months of seeing Jordan Thompson prancing about the middle of the park. And Scott Roberts permanently(lucky us), who I'm not even sure if we actually saw him again once he became our player.

You ask who the people who made the decisions to bring those players in? Those people are still at the club. Gary Locke had f**k all to do with the Bates deal therefore had absolutely no say in what was coming our way in it either. That was the board therefore how do we know we aren't going to bring in more dross to replace Vaughan(probably our most important player this year).

Hardie had f**k all to do with the Bates deal. He was coming to us regardless. We already knew he was getting punted back out on loan. After his time at St Mirren, no other team higher than us would have taken a punt on him.

All this means absolutely nothing though as I don't think he'll be going anywhere.

I find it funny though that in this close season, we have heard from SuperHans twice and both times, it's when theres been a bit of interest surrounding Lewis Vaughan. Why the hatred for the boy?

Am I right in saying that SuperHans is a club employee? Didn't he say that in his infamous PM to Bambino? Find it a bit mental that someone on the payroll at the club is on a very popular fans forum slating one of the players..?

Selling him doesn't guarantee a return at all.

The rumoured Killie interest stems from the fact that a few fans on their thread have heard that 2 attacking players are coming in from lower league clubs. The players have already agreed terms, they're only waiting for the club's to release them from their contracts. If this is true, and Vaughan is one of them then we are getting f**k all for him.

The Bates deal we got, a further 5 months of seeing Jordan Thompson prancing about the middle of the park. And Scott Roberts permanently(lucky us), who I'm not even sure if we actually saw him again once he became our player.

You ask who the people who made the decisions to bring those players in? Those people are still at the club. Gary Locke had f**k all to do with the Bates deal therefore had absolutely no say in what was coming our way in it either. That was the board therefore how do we know we aren't going to bring in more dross to replace Vaughan(probably our most important player this year).

Hardie had f**k all to do with the Bates deal. He was coming to us regardless. We already knew he was getting punted back out on loan. After his time at St Mirren, no other team higher than us would have taken a punt on him.

All this means absolutely nothing though as I don't think he'll be going anywhere.

I find it funny though that in this close season, we have heard from SuperHans twice and both times, it's when theres been a bit of interest surrounding Lewis Vaughan. Why the hatred for the boy?

There's a clear misconception regarding me "hating" Vaughan. Whenever we see each other I enjoy speaking to him and I'm happy to see him do well. But the fact remains with supply and demand. We have someone that other people want, we won't get millions for him, but if we can get something for him now then I am of the opinion that we should take as much as we can for him when he's valued highly.

The old "no guarantees in football" cliche can work both ways. He's not guaranteed to set the heather alight this season, he's not guaranteed to go the whole season without injury either and we're not guaranteed to get promotion with or without him. The facts are, if there's cash on the table and it's worth it for him then I'd say take it. Let's all remember what the Pars did against us to win the first division, they spent money in January (albeit money they didn't have at the time) if it's getting to the new year and we're running close with Ayr in the title race (and I think it will be close regardless of LV) then I'd rather have a we bit of cash sitting in the bank that we can spend which could make the difference.

I'd hate to miss an opportunity to finally get some financial returns on a player that we have produced to a good level. Putting our youth development system on the radar. Similar to Hamilton. It wasn't long ago that they were in our position and look how it's worked out for them. We need to not just look at getting out of this league but start thinking about the future and where we see ourselves in 10 years time. Building the foundations for that can be done by generating revenue from players that we can move on.

So you'd rather have money to buy a player that could put us above Ayr than a player that could put us above Ayr throughout the season? Sound logic m9

We know what we're getting with Lewis. A top professional who has bags of potential and ability. Let's just piss that up the wall on the off chance we could get a similar player in the future that does the same job.

So you wouldn't consider Matthews a very good prospect for the future? By your logic if someone comes in for him as well we should sell as soon as possible? Surely it makes more sense to let the players develop and not move them on unless they want to move or we get an offer too good to refuse.

To be clear I'm sure that Matthews, Callaghan and Vaughan will all step up at some point. I would be proud and happy to see a youth prospect from the Rovers at a higher level tho equally at this stage in their careers more likely bench warmers. Give them a chance to get experience and improve.

To summarise. Stop thinking in the short term.

I'm genuinely shocked at the narrow mindedness of everyone on here. Not a single person is even considering any other opinion related to this subject. Am I the only one willing to stick my head up and not follow the crowd? Maybe the BoD have put our club in this position with the same narrow mindedness and short sightedness of the majority of people posting on here.

Either way, the club will be dammed if they sell Vaughan and dammed if they don't. If we do manage to keep him then it'll be interesting to see how this same argument pans out at the start of next season when he's walking (or limping) out of Starks for pittance of what he's worth right now.

The BoD have a big decision, if these rumours are even true, and I just hope they are looking at the bigger picture for our club and not wanting to please the people on here who think they can run a business and a football club successfully from behind a computer screen and keyboard.

1 minute ago, SuperHans said:

I'm genuinely shocked at the narrow mindedness of everyone on here. Not a single person is even considering any other opinion related to this subject. Am I the only one willing to stick my head up and not follow the crowd? Maybe the BoD have put our club in this position with the same narrow mindedness and short sightedness of the majority of people posting on here.

Either way, the club will be dammed if they sell Vaughan and dammed if they don't. If we do manage to keep him then it'll be interesting to see how this same argument pans out at the start of next season when he's walking (or limping) out of Starks for pittance of what he's worth right now.

The BoD have a big decision, if these rumours are even true, and I just hope they are looking at the bigger picture for our club and not wanting to please the people on here who think they can run a business and a football club successfully from behind a computer screen and keyboard.

If we've been promoted it'll have been worth it for the revenue gained from being in the 2nd tier. Unless the club can wrangle 6 figures for him (no fucking chance) then the maths comes down on the side of keeping him now, even if he goes for nothing later: The balance of probabilities suggests we have a better chance of going up with him, than without him, and the money gained from going up far outweighs any fee we'd likely command for him. His primary asset to us is his ability on the pitch, not his monetary value.