The New Raith Rovers Thread

Today is a year since Gary Locke got punted. It’s also a year since we last lost a league game at Stark’s Park. I’m sure we can all agree there’s no correlation between the two...

Happy liberation day!

53 minutes ago, Paco said:

Today is a year since Gary Locke got punted. It’s also a year since we last lost a league game at Stark’s Park. I’m sure we can all agree there’s no correlation between the two...

Happy liberation day!

We should mark the occassion annually by playing a game with a two man defence comprised of a winger and a centre forward....

Also, a burning effigy.

There's an article in today's FFP, by Matthew Elder, on the plans for the new pitch - sorry I wasn't able to link or upload a pic, I'm not sure if anyone else can?

Pitch will hopefully be done over the close season, but could be pushed back to next year's close season if the timescale is too tight. Emphasis on community use and attracting a variety of people to use the facilities.

Architects are looking into plans for other areas of the ground, longer term - potential for entertainment (hospitality?) areas to be developed at the corner of the South Stand and Railway Stand or alternatively redevelop the railway stand. New / upgraded changing facilities also mentioned, but pitch is the priority at the moment.

Edited by Nairney
Added more

14 hours ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Could we place John Hughes in this effigy, Wicker Man style?

I hear what you are saying, however, I was just thinking that after his highly publicised stint with us it might be a while before he gets another "placement" of any kind, as a manager!!

Like a number of others I thought he'd do a job for us....he sure did!

Edited by Wee Sandy

2 hours ago, Nairney said:

There's an article in today's FFP, by Matthew Elder, on the plans for the new pitch - sorry I wasn't able to link or upload a pic, I'm not sure if anyone else can?

Pitch will hopefully be done over the close season, but could be pushed back to next year's close season if the timescale is too tight. Emphasis on community use and attracting a variety of people to use the facilities.

Architects are looking into plans for other areas of the ground, longer term - potential for entertainment (hospitality?) areas to be developed at the corner of the South Stand and Railway Stand or alternatively redevelop the railway stand. New / upgraded changing facilities also mentioned, but pitch is the priority at the moment.

Would be good if we could do something with the railways stand, to perhaps give wheelchair users a higher vantage point, then being at the bottom of the south stand.

2 hours ago, Nairney said:

For those living outwith the area the article in this week's FFP is here.

For anyone interested, here's a link to John Herron's post-match interview from Tuesday evening. 

** this is not the same interview as RaithTV although may contain similar content **

ETA: its a shame to hear Cuthbert's retired, he was a very good goalkeeper. Lennox has impressed me the few times I've seen him so if Raith can get promoted and tie him down for a couple of years it'd be a great piece of business, IMO. 

Edited by dafcburty

I won't lie I really like Dunfermline's stand that runs down the side of their pitch and having something like that would at least give the ground a bit of a 'nicer' look. Realistically though there's probably no requirement to waste money building a new stand  due to the crowds we're getting but if we're going to do something with that area of the ground I'd rather see  something a bit different put in it's place. My wacky idea that'll probably cost a fortune:

• Knock down the Railway Stand (full length not just the home section).
  • Build something that's a mixture of being used for hospitality and players/community use with new modern changing facilities.
  • At the corner of the South Stand use that as the players tunnel entrance.
  • Move the dugouts to the railway side, go mental and get those big fancy car seats put in there.
  • Have a section of the railway side for RaithTV/media use so interview rooms/press conferences etc.
  • Going a bit OTT here but have a kids birthday party room (primarily for Scary Bear) and try and encourage the use of Starks Park for kids birthdays and a chance to have a kick about on the pitch/meet Roary/scran etc.