The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Posted this in the cup forum but imagine their isn't too much traffic in there! So here it is again in case its helpful...

For those interested I emailed Cove Rangers last night - they are apparently still constructing the new social club bar and may/may not have it in place and up and running for the league cup games. There will be a club update closer to the time.

Also, the Wellington (half a mile up the road and on the bus line from Aberdeen station) is apparently a well-trodden haunt for those going to the football so this is a decent option B. 

Wellington is a family restaurant type place really as far as I know, it's the same chain that have one on Chapel level in Kdy. Think it's got a public bar tho. 

Cove haven't played in Cove for few years now and when they did the ground wasn't really near there nor did they ever get crowds over 200 or so dont imagine it was ever used too much football fans. 

There's a hotel just up the road from ground (Altens Hotel) which has a bar. 

Good shout is to go into Aberdeen and get a taxi up, its not that far and much better selection of pubs. 

Very easily accessible area by car though, don't really have to venture into Aberdeen at all. 

Edited by CALDERON

Anyway enjoyable game last night, braw evening for it. First half was good although the inevitable deluge of changes halted the momentum a wee bit. 

Really hope they find the volume down switch on the East Fife PA though. 

1 minute ago, CALDERON said:

Anyway enjoyable game last night, braw evening for it. First half was good although the inevitable deluge of changes halted the momentum a wee bit. 

Really hope they find the volume down switch on the East Fife PA though. 

It made a change to Capstain Full Strength wifie on the mic.

58 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

This weather would have been hell on the grass, or the water bills. John Sim is a visionary.

What is the new pitch made from?

There is a convent somewhere that blind albino nuns are knitting the finest silks into a field of dreams.

23 minutes ago, tigger said:

Just been reading the rovers digest. Can’t believe even after all these year that we paid £212000 for Paul Harvey

As a club some of the decisions we have made to shoot ourselves in the foot are unbelievable, we continually find new ways to do it but yes signing him for that amount of money is a tough one to take even after all these years

8 hours ago, Been going too long said:

As a club some of the decisions we have made to shoot ourselves in the foot are unbelievable, we continually find new ways to do it but yes signing him for that amount of money is a tough one to take even after all these years

I was fairly young at the time but I remember when we gave Forrest Gump Thomson the job and for the year or so afterwards we were playing at being a "big club"

This wasn't what had brought the Rovers success in the previous years and went against everything we had done up until then. Big, big fees paid and wages paid for Paul Browne,  Paul Bonar, Peter Duffield, Scott "mouth" Thomson,  Kevin Twaddle, Craig McEwan and big wages being splashed on the likes of John Millar and Keith Wright. Complete madness which set the club back years. I still don't get it to this day why the board thought this was the way to go.

55 minutes ago, bobbykdy said:

I was fairly young at the time but I remember when we gave Forrest Gump Thomson the job and for the year or so afterwards we were playing at being a "big club"

This wasn't what had brought the Rovers success in the previous years and went against everything we had done up until then. Big, big fees paid and wages paid for Paul Browne,  Paul Bonar, Peter Duffield, Scott "mouth" Thomson,  Kevin Twaddle, Craig McEwan and big wages being splashed on the likes of John Millar and Keith Wright. Complete madness which set the club back years. I still don't get it to this day why the board thought this was the way to go.

giving jimmy the janny the job was without doubt worse than Gary fecking Locke and that's saying something. If we appointed a semi efficient manager who knows where we would be now, the 90's were a helleva rollercoaster ride but feck me it has been a crash landing

10 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

giving jimmy the janny the job was without doubt worse than Gary fecking Locke and that's saying something. If we appointed a semi efficient manager who knows where we would be now, the 90's were a helleva rollercoaster ride but feck me it has been a crash landing

Jannie did a great job turning the season around after Sir Jimmy started getting bored.

Issue was giving him all that money, then punting him after 3 league losses.

We played Rangers then Celtic away, and had Danny Lennon scored his penalty, we wouldn’t have lost to Motherwell.

40 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Is that not where zicoromaines goes?

If it is I'll pass.

25 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

SteakandGravy goes too

not that they are the same person

I'd forgotten about them frequenting the place. 

Guess I'll have to give it a miss as well. :unsure: