The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, senorsoupe said:

Just checking the results from Saturday, what happened to Raith's team?  Surely you guys have more than 14 players?

Squad of 16 plus the kids, and carrying 5 injuries, all midfield and attackers.

Just checking the results from Saturday, what happened to Raith's team?  Surely you guys have more than 14 players?

We do but we have so many injuries already that we couldn't even name a full bench. Going to be a long season for us by the looks of things.

And don't call me Shirley...

1 minute ago, renton said:

Squad of 16 plus the kids, and carrying 5 injuries, all midfield and attackers.

Ooft, hopefully you guys can get some more players in before the league season starts, that's an awfully thin squad for a club that (theoretically) should be challenging for automatic promotion

He’ll be a great signing for them. Looking at squads, Is Arbroath’s better than ours?

I would say so. I would say we probably have some of the best individual players in the league but our squad as a whole is lacking. I might put a tenner on arbroath for the title if the odds are kind.

1 minute ago, Scary Bear said:

He’ll be a great signing for them. Looking at squads, Is Arbroath’s better than ours?

You could make a sound argument that both Arbroath and Dumbarton have better squads, even with the latter carrying Ross Perry. We don't look hugely different from last year. Still hugely reliant on (the now injured) Lewis Vaughan to do the heavy lifting and a strong defence to keep out at the other end. Gillespie and Wedderburn should make things more solid for us in the middle, but we might be even more toothless up top than last year to balance that out.

Thoughts on Toshney please lads. Better at CB or in the midfield ?
Was good at cb and cm for us but can play rb if needed. His form at cm was part of why we did so well under mckinnon although if you ask the dabs they won't rate him highly. A bell end of a guy who chucked the toys out the pram to engineer a move to utd.

4 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Thoughts on Toshney please lads. Better at CB or in the midfield ?

Was an excellent ball playing centre back for us, and did equally well when moved to central midfield where he provided a solid base for those around him to push on. Great signing.

2 minutes ago, renton said:

Was an excellent ball playing centre back for us, and did equally well when moved to central midfield where he provided a solid base for those around him to push on. Great signing.

And that was in the Championship. He'll be a standout in this division - just don't play him at right back.

3 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

All sounds encouraging. We already have a ball playing CB in Tom O’Brien so maybe midfield is where D.C. wants to play him. Toshney and Thomson to be going all out to get one over on Raith it seems!

Why would that be ?

One left for more money and one left to go part time 

55 minutes ago, renton said:

Smith's two summer striker signings have done the apparently impossibly and got me longing for Liam Buchanan.

:lol:

This weekend I also found myself hoping that Buchanan is fit asap. It's unfair to make a judgement one match in but I'm pretty confident that Buchanan and Vaughan will be our first choice front two this season.

I would say so. I would say we probably have some of the best individual players in the league but our squad as a whole is lacking. I might put a tenner on arbroath for the title if the odds are kind.

What odds would you need to get to make it worth it?