The New Raith Rovers Thread

55 minutes ago, donny86 said:

I see Bill Leckie has been dropped for Grant Stott at the hall of fame night. It’s turned into a glorified sportsman’s dinner

I'm going on Monday night but I think the organisers may have to take a break as we are running out of players to induct. Grant Stott should be fine.

8 hours ago, raith1974 said:

I'm going on Monday night but I think the organisers may have to take a break as we are running out of players to induct. Grant Stott should be fine.

Same here. When the likes of Tony Rougier is being inducted it's starting to get a bit silly.

Surprised at Leckie being ditched though.

29 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Tony Rougier was great for us.

Tony Rougier played 56 games for us, hardly inductee material. If you want to induct someone then Cammy Fraser should be inducted. He came to a struggling club and played 83 games and gave 110% in every game.

Tony Rougier played 56 games for us, hardly inductee material. If you want to induct someone then Cammy Fraser should be inducted. He came to a struggling club and played 83 games and gave 110% in every game.

I’d vote for Cammy Fraser too, he was way too good for us. But he certainly revitalised the club

21 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Cammy Fraser was brilliant. 

Definite candidate for the HoF. 

Cammy Fraser was good but he was like Craig Barr: always injured. But might as well get him in.

Rougier scored that free kick at Parkhead the season after we won the cup, in the game Celtic cheated to win 2-1. He also bossed Gazza in a game we were winning 2-1 against Rangers. Then he was taken off and we lost 4-2. We were 2-1 up at 81 mins. Any other highlights?

We baked a cake and had a send off for John Daly. We baked a cake for fucking Morton. We like cake.

Pretty sure he scored in Europe, nutmegged Lothar Matthaeus and much much more etc

Missed that chance to draw us level with Bayern on aggregate.

Either way, he was decent for us and was involved in some memorable moments against top opposition.

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

We baked a cake and had a send off for John Daly. We baked a cake for fucking Morton. We like cake.

I never understood the Jon Daly one given he was shockingly bad for us. I get he had a good career, but it's hardly like he was anything special to the club who'd gone on to good achievements like Marvin Andrews. The fact we gave a big send off to Daly but reduced Grant Anderson to only getting a wave at Easter Road was something which always frustrated me.

The thing is, Jon Daly never even had that great a career. Ok he played for Rangers and had a good time at Dundee United but we've had far better and more deserving players than him through come through our door with nothing of the same recognition.

Completely tone deaf moment from the board.

Edited by Lang Toun Lad