The New Raith Rovers Thread

31 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:
1 hour ago, Lichtie78 said:

If he’s just been released now wouldn’t he be unable to play until January?

No, as he'd be a free agent.

So if he was released yesterday he'd be free to sign? I thought a player had to be free to sign before the close of the last window to be allowed to sign now.

Is he a better option than Lewis Milne in that position? I know nothing about him but the answer is yes.

Out of Lewis Milne and my 3yr old daughter, I’d back her to win a 50/50 tackle out of them both. So yes, 100% the new boy will be better than Milne.

6 hours ago, raith1974 said:

Most players in Gym 64 this afternoon, Lewis Milne and Chris Duggan missing. New player to be announced in the gym along with another young chap that I've never seen before. Clear that Liam Buchanan has been given senior player role as he appeared to be organising the players. 

hopefully he's better at that 

Tade is probably my favourite footballer ever. He wasn't anywhere near the best in terms of footballing ability, but there was something brilliant about having a forward who was more like a professional sprinter barrelling after clueless centre halves. Capable of ripping five players, doing a step over then shanking it over the bar.

I still keep tabs on how he's doing, and he's currently in Israel and was playing with Antony Martial's brother and Yossi Benayoun after alledgedly getting a Romanian bird up the duff according to Google translation of tabloids.

Man, myth, legend. Never change Greg.

16 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Lads, did Ilian Kiriyakov play for ourselves in 2001?

I had it in my head we were supposed to sign him and it fell through, but that font of all knowledge, Wikipedia, has him listed as making 17 appearances for us.

What gives?

I think he did. I'm pretty sure he was a mate of Hetherston's from their Aberdeen days and he got him to sign. I think there was a similar situation with John Inglis around the same time.