The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Would replace Spencer. I'd like Gallagher too.

Gallagher would be good, but apparently he's in a Rory McAllister type situation where he has a decent job outwith football and it would take Premiership wages to make it worth his while packing his job in to go full time.

4 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Any guesses on who ISN'T getting an offer to renew?

I don’t think we will retain, for one reason or another:

MacDonald, Nolan, Lang, Spencer, Connolly, McBride, Ngwenya, Mahady, Young, Mitchell, Masson, Akio, Goncalves. 

Out of the players who aren’t already contracted. I think the following will stay:

Thomson, Dick, McGill. 

In other words, a complete overhaul of the squad. 

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

MacDonald, Nolan, Lang, Spencer, Connolly, McBride, Ngwenya, Mahady, Young, Mitchell, Masson, Akio, Goncalves. 

Out of the players who aren’t already contracted. I think the following will stay:

Thomson, Dick, McGill. 

Give nurses Tom Lang footballers' Liam Dick's wages. 

9 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Thomson, Dick, McGill. 

Out of that list I could see maybe Young and MacDonald possibly staying the rest I think will go and tbh I wouldn’t mind seeing Liam Dick leaving either as he’s not good enough for where we want to be 

2 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Out of that list I could see maybe Young and MacDonald possibly staying the rest I think will go and tbh I wouldn’t mind seeing Liam Dick leaving either as he’s not good enough for where we want to be 

Based on the body language from Friday night Young and MacDonald are the two I would say are definitely away. 

I suspect that McBride and Mitchell will be released along with Young, while Spencer and Connolly will definitely leave of their own choice like MacDonald. The rest could go either way. 

I'll await the news of who's away and whose accepted new deals, in the not too distant future. With the exception of Jamma If they all go it might turn out to be no a bad thing, I  wouldn't want to play behind that defence either😂

Edited by SirJimmyofNic

Best crystal ball gazing wild ass guess:

Away: MacDonald, Lang, Spencer, Connolly, McBride, Mahady

On the fence: Masson, Nolan, Dick, Young

Staying: Mitchell, Thomson

Non-contracted coming in: McGill

Edited to add: I’d be gutted if we let Young, Masson and Nolan go after all the time put into the two young lads and the development we saw in Nolan. If we plan a pathway in the future, what a better way to start it than keeping Masson and Young around.

Edited by TxRover

I’m not sure Masson is up to it, to be honest. He’s been ok at best. Still young, will get better, but not sure he will be the level we need him to be. Young kinda similar but I think his ceiling is a bit higher. 

Connolly has said he'd like to stay, so I hope we manage to sort something for him. He's pally with Spencer though, so I guess he might be getting it in the ear from him. If Spencer is indeed leaving. Which we're all fairly sure he is.

Exciting times.

I think they will nearly all be away with some low ball offers being made but not accepted. Maybe Arnott and Mitchell will be re-signed at a push.

Would like us to keep Lang and Connolly, but can’t see it now (also MacDonald but seems like he is 100% off after seeing his goodbyes from the South Stand).

4 minutes ago, Raithfan2711 said:

I think they will nearly all be away with some low ball offers being made but not accepted. Maybe Arnott and Mitchell will be re-signed at a push.

Would like us to keep Lang and Connolly, but can’t see it now (also MacDonald but seems like he is 100% off after seeing his goodbyes from the South Stand).

If Murray is serious about keeping players him and the new board I doubt would be offering low ball wages they’d be offered what the club could afford/acceptable but ultimately it’s upto the player and if he wants to move on for a change then nothing we could do 

4 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

If Murray is serious about keeping players him and the new board I doubt would be offering low ball wages they’d be offered what the club could afford/acceptable but ultimately it’s upto the player and if he wants to move on for a change then nothing we could do 

I suppose low ball isn’t quite the right term, I meant offered a deal that is lower relative to what a player can get elsewhere. There is previous for this with Benedictus.

13 minutes ago, Raithfan2711 said:

Arnott already under contract.

2 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

What teams in the Championship have a reserve team, as that's the only way Masson, Young, and Mitchell would get game time, unless they're prepared to go part time and drop down the leagues

Dundee*, Queens Park, Hamilton & Ayr.

*to be replaced by Dunfermline next season.

2 minutes ago, Raithfan2711 said:

I suppose low ball isn’t quite the right term, I meant offered a deal that is lower relative to what a player can get elsewhere. There is previous for this with Benedictus.

We were never gonna give/match Bene his rumoured over 2k a week that he’s currently on at Dunfermline