The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Even more laughable is this rovers supporter believed what Bene allegedly told him

Fits the standard "Dunfermline still pishing money up the wall" narrative. So totally believable for some.

2 minutes ago, Lang Toun Lad said:

Where has everyone seen the pictures of the plans for the main stand? Is it in the interview with Sim and the new guys? I was only listening to that.

Only thing from the interview is this mock up of what the new outside of the main stand might look like. 

253A7C6F-8983-4BF8-8AB6-65B71F122E4B.thumb.png.906fd4cebb0bef724e3f860938e9ad8e.png

I think if the club are looking to speak to the young team and provide them with flags etc as per the interview then seating them in the railway stand would create an atmosphere. The stadium lacks atmosphere at the best of times. Surely if we can put a product on the pitch the South stand will have its own atmosphere with or without the young team.

10 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

I think if the club are looking to speak to the young team and provide them with flags etc as per the interview then seating them in the railway stand would create an atmosphere. The stadium lacks atmosphere at the best of times. Surely if we can put a product on the pitch the South stand will have its own atmosphere with or without the young team.

It was absolute dreadful for about 10 years before they decided to come along. 

1 hour ago, kirkcaldybanjo111 said:

I think we should leave all the young ones with the drums up the back of the south stand and move all the old moaning——ts to the railway stand.

Certainly doesn’t seem to be much point of the board encouraging a group to create an atmosphere to then move them 70 meters away from the rest of our support.  Some folk just love to moan, are they wee fuds at times? Absolutely but they also create a bit of noise and get behind the team on the pitch. Give them a section at the back and if folk don’t want to be near it then move elsewhere.  It’s a bloody big stand there’s plenty space for everyone. The young lads have their moments of stupidity (who didn’t as a teenager) but it’s a vast improvement over a stand with zero atmosphere.  A team playing well on the park and a bit of atmosphere in the stand and who knows you might actually attract some new fans along. 

37 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Certainly doesn’t seem to be much point of the board encouraging a group to create an atmosphere to then move them 70 meters away from the rest of our support.  Some folk just love to moan, are they wee fuds at times? Absolutely but they also create a bit of noise and get behind the team on the pitch. Give them a section at the back and if folk don’t want to be near it then move elsewhere.  It’s a bloody big stand there’s plenty space for everyone. The young lads have their moments of stupidity (who didn’t as a teenager) but it’s a vast improvement over a stand with zero atmosphere.  A team playing well on the park and a bit of atmosphere in the stand and who knows you might actually attract some new fans along. 

The Motherwell game was the perfect example of the atmosphere being right. The lads at the back started it and over time more and more folk got I am involved. Obviously the score helped but by the end the place was bouncing.

The bigger issue for me with the atmosphere is when fully grown men will get apoplectic with rage over a misplaced pass. But that'll never change. 

9 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

And then you remember they're supported by Tony Dingwall. 

I'd not have the younger fans in the Railway Stand. Far better that they're at the back of the South Stand. Logistically it worked probably be a pain in the arse. Plus, if you put them in on their own. It'll just separate the noise. 

What about doing the silly thing with all this refurbishment and have us in the north stand. Utilise the stupid portacabin as a bar if we can close it off to the pitch side. 

7 hours ago, foreverarover said:

What about doing the silly thing with all this refurbishment and have us in the north stand. Utilise the stupid portacabin as a bar if we can close it off to the pitch side. 

It's a good shout but I think the main stand is quite deceptive in terms of how many people sit in there. Plus if we're turning the current office into a sports bar then there's also that.