The New Raith Rovers Thread

32 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Why would Marshall come to us if he’s got a chance to play in the premiership with Dundee? 

Dundee have either two or three players total under contract, and were already discussing a complete rebuild before Bowyer announced he was out of there. If Dundee diddle around, they’re gonna have a situation like IM, coming in with players picked off and little to chose from.

1 hour ago, roverthemoon said:

Not sure if this has been posted, but from The Record:

Raith Rovers have tabled a number of contract extensions.

Boss Ian Murray has offered new deals to Jamie MacDonald, Liam Dick, Aidan Connolly and captain Scott Brown.

Midfielder Brad Spencer also has the option of another, which the player can trigger, at his request, by the end of the month.

New chief executive Andrew Barrowman and Murray met the players last week to make offers and discuss their futures.

Rovers hope to have answers from the majority of their squad by next week.

Funny the Record getting this information and not the Courier  

15 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Funny the Record getting this information and not the Courier  

The Record have Scott Burns who is notoriously in the loop because he's pals with several agents. You'll usually find the Record comes out with a lot of accurate claims re transfers. They were the ones who initially revealed that we were after Goodwillie back in December 2021. 

1 hour ago, Rover1990 said:

Going by that Lang and Nolan are moving on?

Interesting these two are omitted. In fact, I think that along with the players mentioned in the article, that that completes the compliment of our senior players that are not under contract for next season and are not on loan. I would prefer that one of them (Lang) is retained as the thought of having to go out again and sign at least two CBs is not something that fills me with joy. 

I don't think Nolan is a bad player, but I rate Lang a bit higher and it's an area where we need some improvement. At any rate, I can't see us keeping Nolan for reasons that I cant really explain - just one who it feels like won't be here next season. 

Edited by Michael W

8 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

If Spencer was going to trigger an extension surely he'd have done it by now so I guess he wants away, and I'd hope Murray isn't hanging on to the released list for too much longer 

I would assume a player option would have a trigger deadline by around May 1 to allow the manager to do planning.

I wouldn’t rush to publish a release list, as it lets people know what you need to sign and mildly weakens your initial bargaining position. Yea, there’s plenty of rumour out there, but it’s not hard data till you let it out or the calendar rolls over.

24 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Interesting these two are omitted. In fact, I think that along with the players mentioned in the article, that that completes the compliment of our senior players that are not under contract for next season and are not on loan. I would prefer that one of them (Lang) is retained as the thought of having to go out again and sign at least two CBs is not something that fills me with joy. 

I don't think Nolan is a bad player, but I rate Lang a bit higher and it's an area where we need some improvement. At any rate, I can't see us keeping Nolan for reasons that I cant really explain - just one who it feels like won't be here next season. 

I agree Lang is the better player now, but the question will be has Nolan shown enough to interest other parties, or can we get him as a second/third/fourth CB (depends on Dick too) at a reasonable rate? Nolan is also nearly four years younger than Lang and still developing…if we can find a nice, experienced CB to lead the back line (Lang doesn’t do leading), I’d like Nolan back.

8 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I would assume a player option would have a trigger deadline by around May 1 to allow the manager to do planning.

I wouldn’t rush to publish a release list, as it lets people know what you need to sign and mildly weakens your initial bargaining position. Yea, there’s plenty of rumour out there, but it’s not hard data till you let it out or the calendar rolls over.

Hell Tx, everyman and his dug knows what we need to sign, so a release list is isn't going to change things at this stage 😉 

24 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I agree Lang is the better player now, but the question will be has Nolan shown enough to interest other parties, or can we get him as a second/third/fourth CB (depends on Dick too) at a reasonable rate? Nolan is also nearly four years younger than Lang and still developing…if we can find a nice, experienced CB to lead the back line (Lang doesn’t do leading), I’d like Nolan back.

Maybe Nolan doesn’t fancy another season in Scottish championship, doesn’t like Kirkcaldy, misses mates/family, thinks  he is better than this league. Could be a number of reasons he won’t stay 

Edited by Been going too long

52 minutes ago, Michael W said:

I would prefer that one of them (Lang) is retained as the thought of having to go out again and sign at least two CBs is not something that fills me with joy. 

Maybe Lang has done what RT done and could’ve told the club he wasn’t staying so maybe they thought there’s no point in offering a contract 

4 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Murray in the FFP

Based off this I'd expect that one of Connolly/Spencer have offers on the table from Partick/Queen's Park/Ayr and are waiting to see how it pans out. 

Dunno if I’d be that arsed with either of them. Connolly plays on the right doesn’t he? So if we re-sign Mullin then he wouldn’t really get a look in. 

Spencer appears to be a perma crock so I’d be avoiding him. 

Both Fraser Murray and Innes Cameron out of contract at Killie. Players who both have more of a physical presence that Murray was talking about. I’d imagine they will be at least on the list of 50. As well as players like McGill. 

42 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Both Fraser Murray and Innes Cameron out of contract at Killie. Players who both have more of a physical presence that Murray was talking about. I’d imagine they will be at least on the list of 50. As well as players like McGill. 

I would take Fraser Murray but no thanks to Innes Cameron doesn’t score enough goals and from the times I’ve saw him doesn’t look up to standard if your looking for to gain promotion/title challenge but that’s just my opinion