The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

If Potter is the boss, where does that leave Murray?

Potter is in charge of building, running and maintaining the clubs footballing infrastructure, scouting, data analysis, sports physiotherapy ect.

Murray is in charge of the football team and players. 

Another very encouraging interview. I really like the enthusiasm that is coming across as well as some really good ideas on how they are going to go about things.

Obviously I really want them to succeed as a Rovers fan, but you can really sense the determination from all the guys interviewed so far to make this project a success. 

I'm quite excited.

24 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

Another very encouraging interview. I really like the enthusiasm that is coming across as well as some really good ideas on how they are going to go about things.

Obviously I really want them to succeed as a Rovers fan, but you can really sense the determination from all the guys interviewed so far to make this project a success. 

I'm quite excited.

It comes across that there's a real feeling that they have a complete belief they're going to raise the standards and get things a bit more streamlined and coordinated. Without being disrespectful to what people have done before, under the old regime it felt very much like we were just drifting and that each area was separate. I'm keen to see where things go throughout the summer and beyond.

I'd also add that I feel the club is now totally cleansed of the Goodwillie saga. Everyone involved is now removed from the running of the club.

Ironically, if this plan comes together, this could end up being the best thing that has happened to the Rovers for a long time.

Feel that the club should be looking to re-establish the supporters fund. I definitely feel a motivation to contribute again given the noises coming out of the club at this time.

13 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

Feel that the club should be looking to re-establish the supporters fund. I definitely feel a motivation to contribute again given the noises coming out of the club at this time.

It hasn’t gone away… but I have a suspicion that it will be something the new owners will look at and possibly relaunch in due course.

1 hour ago, Hadji said:

Potter is in charge of building, running and maintaining the clubs footballing infrastructure, scouting, data analysis, sports physiotherapy ect.

Murray is in charge of the football team and players. 

It's a good setup I think.  Gets us away from the manager does everything ethos and hopefully means we can spend more time getting those supporting functions right.

On 08/05/2023 at 19:25, Ro Sham Bo said:

Yeah it was in the interview. 

On 08/05/2023 at 19:26, Hank Scorpio said:

Only thing from the interview is this mock up of what the new outside of the main stand might look like. 

253A7C6F-8983-4BF8-8AB6-65B71F122E4B.thumb.png.906fd4cebb0bef724e3f860938e9ad8e.png

Thanks, guys. I have to say I'm not a fan either. Looks a little too Hayfield Industrial Estate for me and I'd stick to the blue and white brick we've got now.

Obviously the current look would better without the advertising but, in our state, I'm not sure it would be wise to cut off a good income stream.

2 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

It comes across that there's a real feeling that they have a complete belief they're going to raise the standards and get things a bit more streamlined and coordinated. Without being disrespectful to what people have done before, under the old regime it felt very much like we were just drifting and that each area was separate. I'm keen to see where things go throughout the summer and beyond.

It also seems the people picked for the roles are both suited and motivated, where before there was more motivation than suitability. I was wondering how Potter would slot in in a non-managing role, but from his interview he seems to relish the idea of a more developmental focused role for him with this team. Having an experienced manager taking the roles he has off the shoulders of the first team manager is invaluable.