The New Raith Rovers Thread

30 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Play off teams might also include Falkirk...

Almost certain to be the case seeing as McGlynn/Mrs Smith were the author of their contracts at the rovers. 

That's certainly gone tits up now along with our "healthy" budget I'm sure there will be a few negotiations potentially back on. 

43 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Play off teams might also include Falkirk...

Given a comment in the interview, that may be spot on. Notice he said he expects to hear by the end of the week or so…Falkirk are the likely team to be finished by this weekend, so perhaps some players had offers they were interested in IF Falkirk were looking to be promoted, and with yesterdays fiasco, that looks a little less possible.

9 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Given a comment in the interview, that may be spot on. Notice he said he expects to hear by the end of the week or so…Falkirk are the likely team to be finished by this weekend, so perhaps some players had offers they were interested in IF Falkirk were looking to be promoted, and with yesterdays fiasco, that looks a little less possible.

And if most of the fans on the Falkirk thread get their way, McGlynn wont be there either 😂😂

6 hours ago, SanStarko said:

Not surprised that Dick has been offered a new deal.  Yeah he’s not the best player, but our huge issue this season was having no depth.  Dick can play a couple of positions and is reliable.  I’m assuming he’ll end up as more of a squad player rather than a first choice, depending who else we bring in.  But in that role I’d be happy to have him.

I'm sure, Dick can help with depth giving his ability to adapt  positions and would be help to helpful to Brown at the back. 

Edited by tazz1903
none

2 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

John Robertson who’s at FC Edinburgh has announced he’s leaving them would anyone take him at rovers? 

If he had his head screwed on now, yes. He was always one that would prefer to be in the pub with his mates previously, hopefully thats changed. 

There’s a few players from league 1 that may come into consideration. 

Heard the Alloa defender Stanger being tracked by a few teams and Ruari Paton’s efforts this season could be one to take a chance on too. 

45 minutes ago, basher brash said:

Wouldn’t think twice regarding Paton was always decent against us and I’m sure he’s scored 20 goals for queens this season 

Given how difficult finding a decent goalscorer is, I imagine Championship clubs will be fighting over him, assuming his contract is up. 

1 minute ago, Michael W said:

Given how difficult finding a decent goalscorer is, I imagine Championship clubs will be fighting over him, assuming his contract is up. 

Digs at the Strathearn and the all you can eat buffet at Valentie's, no brainer.