The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

If Lang has offers from a higher level good luck to him. Not a lot we can do about that. If Nolan is also away I think we need to keep Dick and Masson for some sort of continuity and add a couple of decent centre halves and a left back. 

Continuity of ‘can’t defend high balls in to the box’?

Masson is pretty much untested in this regard. Maybe he can sink to the occasion?

51 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Wasn’t about Sim. He is technically still about but not having a controlling stake and having committed to becoming non-active at the club means you can argue it’s a fresh start on that front. 

My reply was a response to an incorrect comment that everyone involved with the DG decision was gone when they’re clearly not. Tom Morgan as far as I’m aware still on the board, although suspect he might stand down at some point, but Steve MacDonald is part of the consortium and currently our Chairman. Whether that matters or not to most folk I doubt, but it does mean that some directly responsible for the Goodwillie signing are still about the club.

I take it you missed the press launch naming our 7 man board. Morgan not one of the 7.

3 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Lang's faults being overstated again. Our defensive unit absolutely wasn't good enough, but perhaps that fault doesn't lie with the guy who's being plucked out of it for the Premiership. 

Nolan? Sorry, couldn’t resist.

Lang, too impulsive without experienced hands around him. He seems fine while things are going well, but if it feels wee bit squeaky bum time or there’s a lot of pressure, he seems to get a rash streak. Said I would have liked to have kept him if there was a defensive leader coming in, but upon reflection that’s what Brown has been, and it didn’t calm Lang down.

Nolan, would have loved if we had the capacity to develop him, as I suspect he’s a better defender than Lang if he develops to his potential. However, it’s clear we don’t have that luxury right now, so it seems we will have to watch from afar.

Masson, should 100% have been locked up months ago, instead we showcased a young player with potential. There are teams who will sign him and send him to various places, no bother, to develop in a way we cannot, which is frustrating as he’s our lad that we should be benefitting from.

Dick, steady LB and competent CB, pretty important to sign him to maintain some continuity and flexibility.

Young, see Masson above.

One final question, if Brown was leading this defense, despite being our PotY, does he bear any of the blame for the failures? It seems churlish, but it does nag at my mind.

14 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Website saying this. Anyone got a list of who the 7 are? Is Susan Simpson still there? Dot Wilson confirmed as one of the 7?

IMG_3206.jpeg

McDonald, Sim, Smart, Barrowman, McKenzie, Kilgour, Potter? If not Potter then Wilson?

14 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Minimal. Ian Murray wants a quicker play though midfield. This season, Brad Spencer was where promising moves went to die.

Harsh, it was mostly the lack of a centre forward where promising moves went to die. 

Having said that, I wouldn't be adverse to moving to an aggressive high energy pressing midfield and away from the legacy McGlynn quarterback type midfield - but if Spencer triggers an extension aren't we committed?

11 minutes ago, renton said:

Harsh, it was mostly the lack of a centre forward where promising moves went to die. 

Having said that, I wouldn't be adverse to moving to an aggressive high energy pressing midfield and away from the legacy McGlynn quarterback type midfield - but if Spencer triggers an extension aren't we committed?

I hope he moves on, good player but we need a different approach now 

33 minutes ago, renton said:

McDonald, Sim, Smart, Barrowman, McKenzie, Kilgour, Potter? If not Potter then Wilson?

McDonald, Sim, Smart, Barrowman, McKenzie, Kilgour, Halliday. Potter is not a director but will report directly to the board.