The New Raith Rovers Thread

12 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

McDonald, Sim, Smart, Barrowman, McKenzie, Kilgour, Halliday. Potter is not a director but will report directly to the board.

Ah! Yeah forgot him. Good catch.

1 hour ago, renton said:

Harsh, it was mostly the lack of a centre forward where promising moves went to die. 

Having said that, I wouldn't be adverse to moving to an aggressive high energy pressing midfield and away from the legacy McGlynn quarterback type midfield - but if Spencer triggers an extension aren't we committed?

I think we would be committed, yes.

Wording perhaps  bit harsh on Spencer. I just meant he seemed to slow things down and squander momentum. 

I think we played last year with 2 sitting DMs because the defence was weak and we were always exposed when there was only one player in there. 

Hopefully with the rebuild at the back this will be less of a concern and we can go with a different formation and strategy 

Just now, Brashy's Boots said:

I think we would be committed, yes.

Wording perhaps  bit harsh on Spencer. I just meant he seemed to slow things down and squander momentum. 

I certainly don't disagree. I think a quicker, more aggressive midfield will help immensely. We'll likely have less possession but might make more of it, when we have it.

1 minute ago, renton said:

I certainly don't disagree. I think a quicker, more aggressive midfield will help immensely. We'll likely have less possession but might make more of it, when we have it.

Partick midfield is something we should try and copy. Bannigan adds bite, Tiffany adds width and pace, Turner again adds pace but plays a killer pass.

21 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Partick midfield is something we should try and copy. Bannigan adds bite, Tiffany adds width and pace, Turner again adds pace but plays a killer pass.

Agreed. Turner is a guy I never understood why we never tried to sign him back at Stranraer: hard working, high energy, tackling midfielder with a decent pass on him.

10 minutes ago, renton said:

Agreed. Turner is a guy I never understood why we never tried to sign him back at Stranraer: hard working, high energy, tackling midfielder with a decent pass on him.

With you 100%. Was obvious at Stranraer he was a player and I really wanted us to go for him. 

See also Bobby Linn a few years ago.

3 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

Website saying this. Anyone got a list of who the 7 are? Is Susan Simpson still there? Dot Wilson confirmed as one of the 7?

IMG_3206.jpeg

I jotted down some names and job titles that were mentioned as i watched that interview:

Andrew Barrowman, Steve McDonald Chairman, Colin Smart vice-chairman, Ruaridh Kilgour digital? manager, John Potter Technical Director, Dean McKenzie General Manager, Alan Halliday Operations Manager, Greg McEwan Commercial manager, Dean Andrew. 

i guess we will hear shortly who gets a seat by on the board. 

I think I heard that the consortium only bought 51% so presumably Sim will be lurking in the background until he can offload the rest. 

1 hour ago, renton said:

It wouldn't surprise me if we asked, but at that point we were in league one I think. I think we'd have had to pay a fee of some kind type for him. On top of that, I don't think we'd have matched Dunfermline. There was whispers last summer he wasn't getting along with McCall and we might have been interested but it came to nothing.

2 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

So, still one person involved in the Goodwillie decision then.

Actually more worrying is no sign of the democratically elected supporters director. 

Co-opted onto the board of New Raith Rovers at the recent AGM.

3 hours ago, expatowner said:

I jotted down some names and job titles that were mentioned as i watched that interview:

Andrew Barrowman, Steve McDonald Chairman, Colin Smart vice-chairman, Ruaridh Kilgour digital? manager, John Potter Technical Director, Dean McKenzie General Manager, Alan Halliday Operations Manager, Greg McEwan Commercial manager, Dean Andrew. 

i guess we will hear shortly who gets a seat by on the board. 

I think I heard that the consortium only bought 51% so presumably Sim will be lurking in the background until he can offload the rest. 

They were very explicit that despite a title of Technical Director, Potter is NOT on the Board.

I am amazed at the lack of response by our supporters at the way our fans representative has been treated since being elected. 
This position was fought for by ordinary fans through a collective fundraising effort at the time of Reclaim the Rovers. Donations, sponsored walks, kids donating their pocket money all went towards ensuring that we had a place at the top table. 
Successive elected representatives all sat on the board of Raith Rovers FC not the inert and non active New Raith Rovers. This allowed the supporters a direct link and an opportunity to be part of the decision making process. 
If the previous board had decided that this would no longer be the case why was this not mentioned prior to the election being held. The supporters elected Dot Wilson who understandably was under the impression that she would be continuing in the role we have held for the previous 17 years. 
This was not to be the case. Instead of sitting down and discussing these changes with Dot they acted like a bunch of corporate bullies. Not engaging with her. Denying her access at meetings. Restricting access to areas of the stadium. I could go on but I won’t. Suffice to say that if this was a work related issue there would be grounds for constructive dismissal. It also poses the question would they have treated the other candidate in the same manner had he won. 
It is a sad day for democracy at Stark’s Park and it is shameful at the manner in which our elected representative has been treated. 

3 minutes ago, lellywong said:

I am amazed at the lack of response by our supporters at the way our fans representative has been treated since being elected. 
This position was fought for by ordinary fans through a collective fundraising effort at the time of Reclaim the Rovers. Donations, sponsored walks, kids donating their pocket money all went towards ensuring that we had a place at the top table. 
Successive elected representatives all sat on the board of Raith Rovers FC not the inert and non active New Raith Rovers. This allowed the supporters a direct link and an opportunity to be part of the decision making process. 
If the previous board had decided that this would no longer be the case why was this not mentioned prior to the election being held. The supporters elected Dot Wilson who understandably was under the impression that she would be continuing in the role we have held for the previous 17 years. 
This was not to be the case. Instead of sitting down and discussing these changes with Dot they acted like a bunch of corporate bullies. Not engaging with her. Denying her access at meetings. Restricting access to areas of the stadium. I could go on but I won’t. Suffice to say that if this was a work related issue there would be grounds for constructive dismissal. It also poses the question would they have treated the other candidate in the same manner had he won. 
It is a sad day for democracy at Stark’s Park and it is shameful at the manner in which our elected representative has been treated. 

The problem is, many fans have no idea what goes on with regards to what happens with the fan director when they are in post, good or bad.

The fans Director position seems to have been slowly diluted over the years since Reclaim the Rovers. To the point now where I don’t know what the point of them is. The Goodwillie debacle showed that the Board don’t listen to them anyway. Probably not a healthy position to be in. 

38 minutes ago, lellywong said:

Some folk are just never happy unless they have something to moan about🤷🏻‍♂️

13 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

The fans Director position seems to have been slowly diluted over the years since Reclaim the Rovers. To the point now where I don’t know what the point of them is. The Goodwillie debacle showed that the Board don’t listen to them anyway. Probably not a healthy position to be in. 

Maybe, but the supporter's director had a vote the same as the rest of the board did.