The New Raith Rovers Thread

Viaplay back on message with a 5:15 KO tonight.

On 17/06/2023 at 19:28, SanStarko said:

Thought our game against Dunfermline was a 5:15 kick off but Viaplay are advertising it as a 7:45 KO.  Did I miss that announcement? 

On 17/06/2023 at 19:33, Ro Sham Bo said:

I thought it was 5.15 as well. 7.45 would be rubbish. 

On 17/06/2023 at 19:41, CALDERON said:

I thought it was 5.15 also.

On 17/06/2023 at 19:43, Raith Against The Machine said:

Viaplay themselves had it as a 5.15pm earlier this week.

20230617_194310.thumb.jpg.d0e14bc95ae22c6de17a89dd663e82c3.jpg

He was always ending up in the Premiership.  Killie or Dundee I'd have said, but County have the money to entice every Championship player there too.

Asked if any new signings would be brought in this week, Murray told Courier Sport: “I’m not sure, is the truthful answer.

“We’re waiting on a couple of answers, which could be tomorrow, could be Monday. Hopefully, in the next 24-48 hours, we do know what we’ve got and what we don’t have.

“But I don’t think we’ll have any done by the weekend.

“We’ve still got a few boys on the treatment table from last season: Kieran Mitchell and Aidan Connolly.

“At the moment there are no plans for players to leave the club – and in terms of outgoings in the loan market, we’ll look at that much further down the line and see what numbers we’ve got.

“But I don’t see too much movement going out the way – certainly until the League Cup.”

Anyone else underwhelmed with the calibre of the opposition for our pre season friendlies this year?

I see the Pars have German 2nd division opposition for one of their matches.  A much sterner test for them than Linlithgow Rose I bet.

I remember back in the early Eighties seeing the likes of John Toshak appearing for Swansea in a pre season friendly.  What happened to that thinking?

Just now, Arthur Reid McDermott said:

Anyone else underwhelmed with the calibre of the opposition for our pre season friendlies this year?

I see the Pars have German 2nd division opposition for one of their matches.  A much sterner test for them than Linlithgow Rose I bet.

I remember back in the early Eighties seeing the likes of John Toshak appearing for Swansea in a pre season friendly.  What happened to that thinking?

Their owners are German and arranged that friendly. We're going to Kelty, what more do you want? 

5 minutes ago, Arthur Reid McDermott said:

Has the Highland Loch incident not taught you anything about glamour friendlies?

I think the League Cup has basically killed fun friendlies. We’re playing competitive football in mid-July when most of Europe, even the English lower leagues, are just starting to think about friendlies.