The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, RR #1 said:

Most people here only watch the Rovers every week and aren't out scouting potential signings. There are plenty defenders available out there more than good enough for our level.  people just need to be patient. The recruitment so far this summer has been very good in my opinion but no team in the country will have their entire squad as they would like at this point. 

And that’s the point. There’s the panty pishing that @CountryBumpkin is complaining about from those that seem convinced we need to have the entire team established before next week. I can’t think of a Rovers side that was fully established before mid-August in the last 10+ years.

8 hours ago, Been going too long said:

It is disappointing we haven’t learned when we let an experienced, decent defender leave last season in Bene and did the same this year with Lang( assuming of course we didn’t make an offer) for both to sign a league below and we are left looking around again. Hopefully we get a good one in eventually.

Sshhhhh, you’ll get a red dot for thinking like that. Oh wait you did. Imagine worrying about the lack of defensive options. 

11 minutes ago, TxRover said:

OK, name 5 CH/CB who fit your experienced and quick criteria and are available…

What’s the budget available? You don’t know and neither do I because it’s not our job to know. We now have 3 or 4 full time employees to do that job. It seems they have blown the budget on too many wingers and not been able to attract our first or second choice centre backs 

They may be looking at Patterson playing in competitive games to see how he copes. He can play up to 3 games as a trialist in any competitive competition as long as it's not at the knock-outstages. Could be the same as Hamilton and we're just waiting on international clearance if a deal has already been made. However, I do think we need another 6'+ experienced CH. Big Kev doesn't look short of a bit of pace if we're going to play him as a sweeper keeper 😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

What’s the budget available? You don’t know and neither do I because it’s not our job to know. We now have 3 or 4 full time employees to do that job. It seems they have blown the budget on too many wingers and not been able to attract our first or second choice centre backs 

OK, now we’re getting somewhere that we agree. There’s all this wailing without knowledge, and we have no idea why these others we were reportedly pursuing declined to sign. I think we’ll be waiting a while.

Edited by TxRover

2 hours ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Can some of you post your seat numbers in the South Stand so that I can make sure i'm not sitting anywhere near those with thoroughly pished in trousers?

Plenty time, a loan market to consider when the bigger/better clubs are back in training and decide what they're doing. I'm surprised we've not been looking at (or maybe we have) Daniel O'Reilly and Matthew Shiels from Hamilton, both of whom left in the summer and yet to find new clubs.

Ye seem awfully triggered by minor concerns that you want to sit elsewhere, gies peace😡

41 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

Sshhhhh, you’ll get a red dot for thinking like that. Oh wait you did. Imagine worrying about the lack of defensive options. 

I know eh, no one is pishing there breaks as some say, it is a forum for discussion and we are all allowed an opinion, surprised we didn’t keep Lang if we had no one lined up that’s all. 

2 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

I know eh, no one is pishing there breaks as some say, it is a forum for discussion and we are all allowed an opinion, surprised we didn’t keep Lang if we had no one lined up that’s all. 

It's the 6th of July. There isn't a team around that has done all there business the first week of July. The league campaign doesn't kick off for another month yet. We've done good business to this point. There's definitely some knicker wetting going on here. 

Just now, Been going too long said:

Exactly, I can forgive Murray when Berra  left us in the lurch,  no one foresaw that. I didn’t really expect us to be struggling again this season. The business performed by the club this season has been a breath of fresh air, but our defence isn’t anywhere near ready for competitive football. If we make a decision on B Patterson that could give us the option of having L Dick as a centre half pairing with Watson. And yet hardly pishing the breeks. 

51 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Do you not need to know what the budget was before saying that?

4 minutes ago, grumswall said:

It's the 6th of July. There isn't a team around that has done all there business the first week of July. The league campaign doesn't kick off for another month yet. We've done good business to this point. There's definitely some knicker wetting going on here. 

Absolutely no breek  pishing just discussing the team and although recruited very well in forward areas definitely a bit light in defence and an obvious area of weakness and feels a bit de Ja vu from last season. 

54 minutes ago, TxRover said:

OK, now we’re getting somewhere that we agree. There’s all this wailing without knowledge, and we have no idea why these others we were reportedly pursuing declined to sign. I think we’ll be waiting a while.

Think you are right and maybe we have another last minute panic signing like Nolan  or a kid on loan ( hopefully another O’riordan)