The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, CrossgatesCynic said:

Would hate to think fans get on Murray’s back if it doesn’t translate to a run of wins early in the season but, equally, the board have done their part so Murray will be aware of a sense of pressure himself, surely.

I'm not a fan of slaughtering players who are still at the club, but if we did have a run of poor games it's only right that Murray comes under scrutiny. He knows this himself - he was happy enough to talk to Dundee in the summer. The expectation will definitely be there - the atmosphere around the club just now is a positive one so it's not something I'd think about too much.

I've relented at the request of my laddie to move from the South Stand to the Railway Stand. I done the online thing and picked seats in the Railway Stand which was a good couple of weeks ago. I've heard heehaw since on whether my current season tickets will give us access to the Railway Stand and Fanbase still has our season tickets as being in the South Stand. We also bought physical season tickets which I'm think will come through the post soon and can only assume it'll be South Stand on them. Will see what happens on Saturday when we rock up to the Railway Stand turnstiles.

The Byrne signing really solidifies the squad depth. The only position we probably have little depth is left back but everywhere else we have decent championship quality and depth/ options to withstand injuries and suspensions.

When all fit we could probably change half the outfield without reducing the quality on the park, that could be crucial in turning losses into draws and draws into wins and is an option we lacked for over 80% of games last season.

The league is going to be very tight, but Murrays been given a squad that can definitely compete.

42 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

The Byrne signing really solidifies the squad depth. The only position we probably have little depth is left back but everywhere else we have decent championship quality and depth/ options to withstand injuries and suspensions.

When all fit we could probably change half the outfield without reducing the quality on the park, that could be crucial in turning losses into draws and draws into wins and is an option we lacked for over 80% of games last season.

The league is going to be very tight, but Murrays been given a squad that can definitely compete.

Indeed, listening to Shaun discussing how he’ll be protecting the back four and letting the attackers get on with it up the park shows a clear role he’s been recruited for, and the length of time we’ve been talking with him shows Potter and Murray understood long ago we lacked sufficient DM depth. Of course, that also makes us wonder just how Ross Matthews is really doing.

We certainly need another FB, ideally a LB/RB capable player. It would be good to also get a CB in and allow Masson a loan. 

44 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

Unless Murray is sent off in search of the Holy Grail and returns to Kirkcaldy with it, this is probably never going to happen. Being able to field a bench that isn't comprised of a goalie and two/three teenagers will however stand us in a much better position provided we can avoid the irritating scenario of having 6 or 7 players out at once. For the last couple of weeks, we've been in the same annoying position as last season with injuries. It's infuriating. Hopefully the situation will resolve itself soon, but I feel like we've been saying that for more than 12 months now. 

Anyone know how long Matthews is likely to he out for? I am taking this signing as an indication that he's unlikely to be back anytime soon. It is however a very good signing that we have made. 

55 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Unless Murray is sent off in search of the Holy Grail and returns to Kirkcaldy with it, this is probably never going to happen. Being able to field a bench that isn't comprised of a goalie and two/three teenagers will however stand us in a much better position provided we can avoid the irritating scenario of having 6 or 7 players out at once. For the last couple of weeks, we've been in the same annoying position as last season with injuries. It's infuriating. Hopefully the situation will resolve itself soon, but I feel like we've been saying that for more than 12 months now. 

Anyone know how long Matthews is likely to he out for? I am taking this signing as an indication that he's unlikely to be back anytime soon. It is however a very good signing that we have made. 

Matthews was first reported to be likely to return in mid/late July, due to an ankle issue, around July 5th. He was suggested as nearing return by mid July, and changed back to out due to ankle by July 24th. On July 28th there was a suggestion he was nearing return again, which quickly changed to out a few days later.

TL;DR F**k knows when.

Edited by TxRover

3 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Anyone else finding it impossible to get through on the phone? Socials etc said open til 7pm, but looks like the phone lines are already closed.

Aye, same here.

5 minutes ago, renton said:

Aye, same here.

I got a weird voice response from Scott Brown, giving me the numbered options to get through.

Press 1 for season tickets and match tickets.

Press 2 to sustain a mystery injury in training and delay your return by 2 months.

Press 3 to sign a quality player the Pars never wanted in the first place, nope, no sirree.

And so on....

2 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

I got a weird voice response from Scott Brown, giving me the numbered options to get through.

Press 1 for season tickets and match tickets.

Press 2 to sustain a mystery injury in training and delay your return by 2 months.

Press 3 to sign a quality player the Pars never wanted in the first place, nope, no sirree.

And so on....

Aye, I got Scott Brown giving it the Nina Simone lyrics, but couldn't get through, now not even that.

39 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Anyone else finding it impossible to get through on the phone? Socials etc said open til 7pm, but looks like the phone lines are already closed.

35 minutes ago, renton said:

Aye, same here.

Aye, I had to go down to Starks after trying a few times in the afternoon over the phone. At the office it's pretty much all hands on deck, especially with online not being available.  I'm sure they'll have a review of it going forwards (when we're laughing our way to the quarter finals).

On the subject of Ross Matthews, I still find it strange that he played a lengthy part in the Montrose friendly in late June, seemed to come through it ok then disappears with another (different?) injury.  Maybe I missed it but has the club said what is his latest issue?  Last I heard I'm sure Ian Murray said he was only a week or so behind Brown in the race for fitness.

30 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

On the subject of Ross Matthews, I still find it strange that he played a lengthy part in the Montrose friendly in late June, seemed to come through it ok then disappears with another (different?) injury.  Maybe I missed it but has the club said what is his latest issue?  Last I heard I'm sure Ian Murray said he was only a week or so behind Brown in the race for fitness.

Last mentioned was that he and Connolly would take a bit longer to get back. Can't help but feel for the lad. Must be horrible to keep having to repeat the process. 

8 hours ago, Raithie said:

I've relented at the request of my laddie to move from the South Stand to the Railway Stand. I done the online thing and picked seats in the Railway Stand which was a good couple of weeks ago. I've heard heehaw since on whether my current season tickets will give us access to the Railway Stand and Fanbase still has our season tickets as being in the South Stand. We also bought physical season tickets which I'm think will come through the post soon and can only assume it'll be South Stand on them. Will see what happens on Saturday when we rock up to the Railway Stand turnstiles.

As long as you mind you are now expected to be on your feet singing for 90 minutes, it’s in the small print for your new stand tickets😉