The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 hours ago, McGuigan1978 said:

The club should get him to read out the teams, but only on the proviso he uses the term “Riding the pine for Raith today…” when getting to the substitutes. 

Instead of the Ingolstadt boy with the whip can we get Tx to come out on a horse and lasso random opposition subs at half time?

Mon the Raith. Always admired the way your club always try to play and it seems Murray has taken that to the next level. Some incredible balls of steel to pick up that money points from such late on this season so far. 

Not just saying it because United are in the league but genuinely hope you guys can push all the way to the end of the season. Would be fantastic to see Raith in the Premiership. 

How is Byrne getting on?

5 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

Mon the Raith. Always admired the way your club always try to play and it seems Murray has taken that to the next level. Some incredible balls of steel to pick up that money points from such late on this season so far. 

Not just saying it because United are in the league but genuinely hope you guys can push all the way to the end of the season. Would be fantastic to see Raith in the Premiership. 

How is Byrne getting on?

An absolute Rolls Royce. As you'll know, feel quietly go about his business ticking all the boxes. Based off his interviews in the press, he'd been quite disillusioned with things after how he got treated by a few managers at Dundee. He's come to us and is saying he's loving his football. Fully expect both an extension to his loan and a pre contract offer in January. 

Is Raith TV still done by students or is done FT by a volunteer/worker now? Absolutely love Raith TV footage. Probably the best highlights out there and seem to arrive super quick. I've definitely watched more Raith highlights than any other side. 

Finding myself rooting for you guys this season as a result (does help you have that big sexy b*****d in goal for you as well). So much so I thought the Arbroath game finished 1-1 the other night until I put the highlights on and actually celebrated your winner :lol:

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Is Raith TV still done by students or is done FT by a volunteer/worker now? Absolutely love Raith TV footage. Probably the best highlights out there and seem to arrive super quick. I've definitely watched more Raith highlights than any other side. 

Finding myself rooting for you guys this season as a result (does help you have that big sexy b*****d in goal for you as well). So much so I thought the Arbroath game finished 1-1 the other night until I put the highlights on and actually celebrated your winner :lol:

One of us, one of us… 

7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

As far as I know they are still all mainly volunteers.  The work they do for us is absolutely incredible and they've even managed to make it better this season somehow.  They're also really fair on commentary too which probably makes it better for away/neutral fans watching streams.

As for the part in bold above, the man is just fucking magnificent.  An incredible shot stopper but the improvement in his reading of the game and kicking since the start of the season is amazing.  Massive credit to Robbie Thomson for the work he's done with him.  He also totally gets the fans too.  Not sure I've ever seen someone become such a hero so quickly.  My wife probably likes him a little more than is appropriate for a woman double his age too........

14 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Aye, Raith TV are all volunteers. They've built themselves up over almost a decade and they've done an incredible job to reach the standard they have. To a man/woman, they're all absolutely lovely human beings too. Myself and a few others recently started a Rovers podcast and both Davie (who does a lot of the commentary and interviews) and Iain Grieve (who does more of the behind the scenes stuff like editing) have both gone well out of their way to help us out. 

On 13/11/2023 at 13:48, Raithie said:

Next 3 league games are huge imo and look really difficult on paper - ICT unbeaten since big Dunc came in, Partick picking up points and Arbroath are one of those teams you never know how they'll perform. You'd have to imagine Dundee Utd will pick up maximum points against Morton and Ayr and I reckon we'll need 7 points minimum before going up to Tannadice on the 16th December. Would put us 3 points behind them going into that game. Even 5 points from next 3 games wouldn't be the end of the world assuming we done something mental and beat Utd on their own patch taking deficit down to 2 points. 

Acht what do I know 😆

7 hours ago, McGuigan1978 said:

The club should get him to read out the teams, but only on the proviso he uses the term “Riding the pine for Raith today…” when getting to the substitutes. 

Nah, local over vocal.

4 hours ago, Ex Machina said:

Hope you have a class time. I only live just under 400 miles away and make it up to a game once or twice a season nowadays. Outside of the 90s, if ever there was a season to come over, this is definitely it!

its just been a weird combination that kept it soooo long. Term breaks, trans-Atlantic moves, life…just glad I finally can do this, even if it’s quite literally a weekend. The 70’s-90’s, were a terrible time to be a remote fan outwith the UK. Difficult to get updates even. As for a good time, any time’s a good time for a Rovers match!

3 hours ago, AllanJM said:

As for the part in bold above, the man is just fucking magnificent.  An incredible shot stopper but the improvement in his reading of the game and kicking since the start of the season is amazing.  Massive credit to Robbie Thomson for the work he's done with him.  He also totally gets the fans too.  Not sure I've ever seen someone become such a hero so quickly.  My wife probably likes him a little more than is appropriate for a woman double his age too........

Definitely. Wasn't surprised to see him get right around to the crowd in the Arbroath highlights. Gutted we couldn't have had him longer but he was far too good for our level. Pulled off the best save I've ever witnessed in the flesh up at Alloa as well. 

Skip to 9:30 if you haven't seen it. The first one is a cracker as well but the one in the 92nd minute is unreal. 

https://youtu.be/sE7V9kVQfQ0?si=RXqu1ak0iQMSCSzF

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Definitely. Wasn't surprised to see him get right around to the crowd in the Arbroath highlights. Gutted we couldn't have had him longer but he was far too good for our level. Pulled off the best save I've ever witnessed in the flesh up at Alloa as well. 

Skip to 9:30 if you haven't seen it. The first one is a cracker as well but the one in the 92nd minute is unreal. 

It would be fair to say you were hanging on a little at the end of that match...

5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Seeing that save really doesn't surprise me.  In my time watching the Rovers, I would say only McGurn has been a better shot stopper but big Kev could easily go on to surpass him in that regard.  Genuinely believe he has the potential to go to a much higher level.

1 hour ago, AllanJM said:

Seeing that save really doesn't surprise me.  In my time watching the Rovers, I would say only McGurn has been a better shot stopper but big Kev could easily go on to surpass him in that regard.  Genuinely believe he has the potential to go to a much higher level.

Hopefully he will be next season, with us. If we could just sort out the fear of cross balls.

25 minutes ago, grumswall said:

He's looked better with them recently in fairness to him. 

He’s looked much more aggressive since he’s been working with Thomson. I agree he’s likely to play at a higher level, I just hope we can keep him and get him to that level with us.

37 minutes ago, grumswall said:

He's looked better with them recently in fairness to him. 

Agree, 1st few games gave me the absolute fear, then the howler against QP. Since then he's come on leaps and bounds, still occasionally hesitant but a lot better than 3 months ago.

Edit - I think the fact he knows the fans are on his side has given him a huge confidence boost.

Edited by keyser_soze