The New Raith Rovers Thread

11 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Can we get this talk about getting rid of players in the bin. We've just went 5 clear at the top of the league ffs. 

Absolutely!👍

Times like this don't come around very often for Rover's fans. Just enjoy the journey.

Edited by embow

Some goal from Easton, can't wait to see it again on the highlights later, however .............................................

............................that sliding tackle from Ross Millen - Pure. Fucking. Class 😍

4 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

Some goal from Easton, can't wait to see it again on the highlights later, however .............................................

............................that sliding tackle from Ross Millen - Pure. Fucking. Class 😍

I take it the BBC didn't have a camera at the game to at least show highlights, considering it was one of the biggest matches of the day............. course they didn't 

18 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Cracking result today Rovers. Enjoy your night!  You’d be a great addition to the premiership, please make it so..

Come Sit Down GIF by Bounce

We'll probably need 2 of your stands, plenty time to sort it out, no need to panic yet.

7 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

That genuinely was a tremendous tackle from millen. 

Not to sour things too much but I was in the middle with the younger fans and there was something thrown at the utd keeper during the first half. No idea who it actually was, but if you're reading this, get yourself to f**k you moron. 

7 minutes ago, grumswall said:

That genuinely was a tremendous tackle from millen. 

Not to sour things too much but I was in the middle with the younger fans and there was something thrown at the utd keeper during the first half. No idea who it actually was, but if you're reading this, get yourself to f**k you moron. 

I saw a couple of folk being dragged out by the stewards so maybe they managed to catch the culprit via CCTV?

1 minute ago, mrpaddyx said:

I saw a couple of folk being dragged out by the stewards so maybe they managed to catch the culprit via CCTV?

Don't think they did with this one, I'm not sure many people seen it although someone from behind shouted at whoever it was but I couldn't tell from where I was who it actually was

29 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

I feel sorry for the young lad that ran onto the pitch thinking the game was over.

I actually thought it was one of the ball boys getting a bit ahead of himself at the time. Either way the wee man probably won't live it down at school on Monday. 

Slight concern that Byrne is now on 6 5 yellows, and needs to avoid one against Ayr or Arbroath to miss a suspension. Vaughan is on 4, and the only other player that can reach 6 within 18 games.

Edited too late.

Edited by TxRover

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

Slight concern that Byrne is now on 6 yellows, and needs to avoid one against Ayr or Arbroath to miss a suspension. Vaughan is on 4, and the only other player that can reach 6 within 18 games.

Thankfully we have Matthews and Brown able to do a job in that role should be need arise.

Sure someone said that Watson is back in training next week too! What a time to have a full squad back!

2 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Thankfully we have Matthews and Brown able to do a job in that role should be need arise.

Sure someone said that Watson is back in training next week too! What a time to have a full squad back!

True enough, it is, of course, 5 yellows for Byrne. Matthews is the natural replacement, if in form…otherwise, like you say Brown with O’Reilly in.

Edited by TxRover

1 hour ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

I take it the BBC didn't have a camera at the game to at least show highlights, considering it was one of the biggest matches of the day............. course they didn't 

Back in the mid to later 90s they'd often have a second tier game as the main match on Sportscene and the commentary on Sportsound. For me your game today was the biggest match in Scotland so should have been the main Sportsound commentary game (second biggest was in League 1 in my view).

It's pish that the BBC don't show Championship, or indeed any outside of the Premiership, highlights. They're such cowards that they won't admit they don't give a f**k about any teams outwith Sevco and Celtic and would happily not cover any games not involving those two.

Someone needs to challenge the BBC for the football rights, although sadly most outlets would act the same as the BBC do.

Edited by DA Baracus

16 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Slight concern that Byrne is now on 6 5 yellows, and needs to avoid one against Ayr or Arbroath to miss a suspension. Vaughan is on 4, and the only other player that can reach 6 within 18 games.

Edited too late.

Jesus man, not tonight, and that's coming from an extreme pessimist 😉

37 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Edited too late.

Can see Byrne getting a wee rest against Ayr or Arbroath.Apart from missing the cup game against Dunfermline he’s played most minutes in recent weeks.Would expect Brown to get a game in there and Murray will be looking to give Matthews minutes as well.

Or maybe Byrne will take a booking in an upcoming game to get a suspension out the way.