The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, spot on said:

Raith getting credited with an interest in Andy Halliday 

Hopefully that is just a rumour, much rather see us sign O'Reilly, feel he offers us a lot in both boxes.

Halliday is older and has only made 3 appearances for Hearts this season and has struggled with injuries.

5 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

With all due respect to Keith Watson, there's more longevity in Dan O'Reilly too. Murray and O'Reilly is a partnership that could conceivably run for years. 

If you prioritise Watson over O'Reilly now, you're going to be looking for another O'Reilly by next summer, at the very latest. 

I’d actually think that O’Reilly/Dick might be a better long term CB partnership than O’Reilly/Murray. Yes, both suffer the dreaded two lefties disease, but I think Dick would be the better CB in the long run. Plus, sign O’Reilly for 18 months now, and we’ve covered Watson leaving in June. The other reason for this is Dick at LB is likely NOT going to work if we go up…and I have worries about Murray at CB if we went up, due to his tendency to back off a bit. Dick’s play any CB has been excellent this year, and suggests growth into the role, while O’Reilly really looks to be strolling at this level.

52 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I’d actually think that O’Reilly/Dick might be a better long term CB partnership than O’Reilly/Murray. Yes, both suffer the dreaded two lefties disease, but I think Dick would be the better CB in the long run. Plus, sign O’Reilly for 18 months now, and we’ve covered Watson leaving in June. The other reason for this is Dick at LB is likely NOT going to work if we go up…and I have worries about Murray at CB if we went up, due to his tendency to back off a bit. Dick’s play any CB has been excellent this year, and suggests growth into the role, while O’Reilly really looks to be strolling at this level.

Tbh I can’t see Liam Dick being here next season I think if we do get promoted I don’t think he’s premiership quality and if we stay in this league I feel it I’ll be time for an upgrade good player but I think it’s time for something different 

1 hour ago, Raith69 said:

Hopefully that is just a rumour, much rather see us sign O'Reilly, feel he offers us a lot in both boxes.

Halliday is older and has only made 3 appearances for Hearts this season and has struggled with injuries.

Yea I’m in the sign Dan O’Reilly camp. We need defensive cover, if we’re not playing Corr then we need a good partnership and I think and Murray and O’Reilly give us that. 

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

I wouldn’t like to see that combo tbh Tx, hope you enjoyed your trip over 

It should be noted, the Halliday rumour has come about from TransferScot twitter account, which effectively picks names  and clubs out the hat and occasionally gets one or two right.

The Ian Murray announcement recently showed that - not one person was on here or twitter before hand saying "Murrayball for 3 more years". 

48 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Halliday is being linked to Dundee, and tbh hes not exactly in his first flush of youth 

We need the defence sorted properly 

Given they've lost Owen Beck from his loan from Liverpool, it makes sense they're linked with other left backs, they're also linked with Lewis Strapp

40 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

I wouldn’t like to see that combo tbh Tx, hope you enjoyed your trip over 

Trip was long, tiring and fun…but a plane full of people hacking away has given me the creeping crud!

36 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Trip was long, tiring and fun…but a plane full of people hacking away has given me the creeping crud!

I’m the same, I got flu then straight after that a cold and a throat infection. This is what happens in the travel industry😢

Edited by Stardog_champion

56 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Sorry to hear that Tx , been under the weather myself hopefully you get back over again 👍🏻

33 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

I’m the same, I got flu then straight after that a cold and a throat infection. This is what happens in the travel industry😢

Kicking myself for not having a mask for the flights...it's not magic, but it likely would have helped, as the flights all sounded like we were smuggling seals with all the barking and coughing.

16 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Kicking myself for not having a mask for the flights...it's not magic, but it likely would have helped, as the flights all sounded like we were smuggling seals with all the barking and coughing.

Aye all that recirculated air, I get laid low everytime I fly, it's not good 

I too would like to see O'Reilly signed up, seems only Murray and Hannah are signed beyond next June so defensively I expect we'll see some contracts refreshed but which ones? I think Watson will be released and possibly Dick and either Corr of Masson.  Wouldn't be too surprised to see a brand new face arrive in the transfer window.

Midfield wise we only have Brown, Mullin, Stanton and Connolly beyond this season. We simply have got to get some re-signing done there. Easton and Byrne priority, I'd like to see Rossco and McGill dealt in again but will the gaffer feel the same? Other than new contracts I doubt we'll see anything in this window.

Up top it's Hammy and Smith until 2025, I can see Vaughan staying but what will Murray do about Hammer? I think Ross will be allowed to leave, shame that as I still think he's a player.

36 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

I too would like to see O'Reilly signed up, seems only Murray and Hannah are signed beyond next June so defensively I expect we'll see some contracts refreshed but which ones? I think Watson will be released and possibly Dick and either Corr of Masson.  Wouldn't be too surprised to see a brand new face arrive in the transfer window.

Midfield wise we only have Brown, Mullin, Stanton and Connolly beyond this season. We simply have got to get some re-signing done there. Easton and Byrne priority, I'd like to see Rossco and McGill dealt in again but will the gaffer feel the same? Other than new contracts I doubt we'll see anything in this window.

Up top it's Hammy and Smith until 2025, I can see Vaughan staying but what will Murray do about Hammer? I think Ross will be allowed to leave, shame that as I still think he's a player.

I think Matthews and Vaughan are both certains to stay… Ethan Ross will be off rumoured to be one of our higher earners….. I think we will keep Millen but let Watson, Dick, Masson Go, Corr is 50/50.

Easton I hate to say but I think he’ll be away imo I think his head has already been turned as he’s not been the same since the Dundee United game.

Byrne I think there’s already something done In the background in terms of a PCA bit just not announcing it and but I do think maybe 1 or 2 comes depending on both O’Reilly and if Dundee recalls Shaun Byrne 

16 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

I think Matthews and Vaughan are both certains to stay… Ethan Ross will be off rumoured to be one of our higher earners….. I think we will keep Millen but let Watson, Dick, Masson Go, Corr is 50/50.

Easton I hate to say but I think he’ll be away imo I think his head has already been turned as he’s not been the same since the Dundee United game.

Byrne I think there’s already something done In the background in terms of a PCA bit just not announcing it and but I do think maybe 1 or 2 comes depending on both O’Reilly and if Dundee recalls Shaun Byrne 

You think there's something done with Byrne but also wonder if Dundee will recall him?

Shurely shome mishtake.

As an overall I think if we could look at a left back. 

Dick is good at the heart of the  defence and would be good with O'Reilly if we can sign him up. 

I think a pacey right winger would be a good shout. Mullin throws in a good ball but he is woefully slow on a counter attack, which was evident against Dunfermline on a couple of occasions and lost possession in good positions. It would be good as a different option. 

I also think we need another centre forward to rival Hamilton. When Hamilton isn't firing on all cylinders or is injured we really struggle. I don't think Gullan is upto much to be honest. He tries but he just isn't the same since his return from Hibs. 

I feel McGill is under utilised at times but when we have Brown, Stanton and Byrne all fit then midfield will be very difficult to break into as I think Rossco will find out as well. 

We have an embarrassment of riches on the left with Easton, Smith and even Connolly if we actually tried him on the side his foot is made for. 

Fully fit at the moment, my team would be;

Dabrowski 

O'Reilly Watson Dick 

Mullin Byrne Brown Easton

Stanton

Vaughan Hamilton 

You could make cases for Connolly, Millen, Murray, Smith to start as well. Really is an embarrassment of riches but we need to get it right as these riches are back firing at times. 

I've made a case all year about the huge gap in midfield at times and not controlling games and every time we've went with 5 in midfield, either pushing for an equaliser or winner we've looked brilliant. They 3 in midfield I believe would be the key to us maintaining our push. 

At present 

My midfield would be;

Mullin Byrne Brown Connolly or Smith with Easton playing behind the front 2 of Vaughan and Hamilton. I'd really like to see Easton in that creative spot and full freedom of the pitch. 

Sorry for the lengthly post 😂