The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, RaithRyan said:

Halliday, Thomas, Tiffoney, Stevenson. 

Anyone only waiting for 1 for a line in rumour mill bingo?

Seen on Facebook someone said Hylton and Kyle Turner from county another 2 names you can add to the rumour mill 

30 minutes ago, MICMAC said:

The number of Airdrie fans that are on all our social media pages saying we were beaten fair and square by a better team 🤔 thinking they are some kind of Barcelona tippy tappy team is laughable 😂

We were well off it but Airdrie weren't much better, the match stats reveal a different story though. We created enough to win the game but they scored and we didn't.

That ref shouldn't be anywhere near a game at this level again. There's better refereeing Saturday amateur games.

IMG_20240107_124835_582.jpg

Don’t agree with a lot that’s being said by our fans but come on, watching that game with your own eyes instead of looking at stats would show that there was only one team going to win.

28 minutes ago, RaithRyan said:

Halliday, Thomas, Tiffoney, Stevenson. 

Anyone only waiting for 1 for a line in rumour mill bingo?

I'll throw Danny Wilson into the mix

1 minute ago, Diamonds02 said:

Don’t agree with a lot that’s being said by our fans but come on, watching that game with your own eyes instead of looking at stats would show that there was only one team going to win.

You've just validated my point 😂

Just now, MICMAC said:

You've just validated my point 😂

Ok?

We are by no means Barcelona but just slightly confused when you say you had enough chances to win the game as I genuinely can’t remember a single one besides that Easton shot from the edge of the box 

4 minutes ago, Diamonds02 said:

Ok?

We are by no means Barcelona but just slightly confused when you say you had enough chances to win the game as I genuinely can’t remember a single one besides that Easton shot from the edge of the box 

There was nothing of note after that - we didn't lay a single glove on Airdrie after that point.

46 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Aye I’ve seen that as well since the game… were their cup final 👍 will always raise their game against us because of ex manager and a few players 

We played well against ICT too though, no ex players or managers there so that kinda blows your argument out the water. 

Definite Falkirk vibes from these sort of comments. 

Edited by Shooter McGavin

46 minutes ago, MICMAC said:

The number of Airdrie fans that are on all our social media pages saying we were beaten fair and square by a better team 🤔 thinking they are some kind of Barcelona tippy tappy team is laughable 😂

We were well off it but Airdrie weren't much better, the match stats reveal a different story though. We created enough to win the game but they scored and we didn't.

That ref shouldn't be anywhere near a game at this level again. There's better refereeing Saturday amateur games.

IMG_20240107_124835_582.jpg

What's laughable is anyone who was at the game yesterday thinking those stats are anywhere near correct...unless we're counting shots in the warm up there is no danger Raith had 14 shots

7 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

There was nothing of note after that - we didn't lay a single glove on Airdrie after that point.

I did say we were well off it but Airdrie weren't much better. They had our number and nulified anything we were trying to do. We were toothless, especially in the 2nd half and just huffed and puffed but to say we were well beaten is an over statement. They had the shot in the first half that McNeil did brilliantly to tip over, the goal and another shot in the 2nd half that didn’t trouble McNeil and gathered it easily. Yes we lacked imagination and didn't by a long way win enough 2nd balls and Easton wasn't getting any change out of Megwa whatsoever. I don't think we'll play this badly for the rest of the season.

Wouldn't be surprised to see an exodus from Ross County which would benefit a few teams in the championship.  Adams doesn't rate the squad, equally the squad all think he's a dick.

In other moves I think Stevenson would do a job for us in this league allowing Dick to move into the middle as I think one of Watson and Murray will be injured at any given time. Also that O'Reilly will move on this window. 

Pacy direct winger who knows. 

36 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Gullan follow Ross on loan to Falkirk to be honest, and see Masson/Hannah loaned out in some capacity.

Maybe even signed by them for a nominal fee, hes unfortunately really surplus to requirements here, this week will be interesting from the O'Reilly situation, think he would've been signed before yesterday if he was staying

Dont see anything wrong or why Airdrie fans wouldn,t be giving it some after beaten the league leaders and the only team in the league so far to have done it not once but twice

Pretty sure if it was us that had beaten the league leaders our fans would be behaving much the same

Some folk are awfy easy upset at a defeat

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Gullan follow Ross on loan to Falkirk to be honest, and see Masson/Hannah loaned out in some capacity.

Doubt we’d loan Hannah this year, IM commented last year about the importance of young signees spending their first year with their club to learn to be professionals and to absorb the ethos. Masson is possible, but we’re light at the back again and he’s a CB who can play RB, so pretty useful backup.

Just watched the highlights for the 1st time, couldn't make it yesterday but for me 

1. Ross Millen is a complete arse for getting himself sent off, just poor behaviour from an experienced pro

2. didn't look much in the game, ball wouldn't drop in the right place for us and really poor defending for the goal.

3. Any McNeil did OK, to come from a club being regularly pumped in L1 to play for a top table championship side in the space of a couple of weeks takes some doing, fair play to him.

Fair play to Airdrie, they seem to have our number for whatever reason. I know the guys who were there say we were lacklustre, but missing Sam Stanton sticks out like a sore thumb. Onwards and upwards to next week, it was the ultimate high at Tannadump but we have to put in a better performance against QP and ICT to see out the month. Not overly concerned about the cup games but winning them would be a big confidence boost.