The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, chimney said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but can’t agree with that.  Matthews passing range is miles better than Brown and he doesn’t hide like Brown does when opportunity arises to get the ball off the defence. Byrne has qualities no doubt but is so slow and now teams have figured that out the number of mistakes he is making that are punished over recent weeks is alarming. If he is not better Matthews definitely offers different attributes which the team are crying out for at the moment with B&B don’t have

I really like Ross Matthews, but he's not as good as Brown and Byrne, surely that's obvious? 

5 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

You lot seemingly don’t give a f**k about us? But comment on here, Twitter or Facebook after the defeats think that’s obsession tbh and I’d be worrying avoiding relegation yourselves this season let alone us in a few years 👍

Wrap up you tart. Cheers 

A big fortnight coming up for Ian Murray to sort things out. If United win tomorrow and then beat us then the title race will be all but over. And on current form I wouldn’t fancy us getting past either Partick or Airdrie in the play-offs, never mind the Premiership team. But our squad still has a lot of quality in it and with the right tactics/formation could still hurt teams.  Big shift in confidence, belief and organisation needed though. 

20 minutes ago, North West said:

Goodwille Gate: Reorganise.

Some semblance of order, new investment.

A new revitalised club, and team. Fair play.

But, your wankish social media had digs at us, rather than concentrating on pushing the positives of your success so far this season. Smacks horrendously of a wee team mentality.

Maybe you can ask that self confessed 'media personality' Blair McNally to offer some fund raising advice when you get relegated in a couple of seasons.

1000010029-01.jpeg

Is it no past your bedtime fred West?

29 minutes ago, North West said:

Goodwille Gate: Reorganise.

Some semblance of order, new investment.

A new revitalised club, and team. Fair play.

But, your wankish social media had digs at us, rather than concentrating on pushing the positives of your success so far this season. Smacks horrendously of a wee team mentality.

Maybe you can ask that self confessed 'media personality' Blair McNally to offer some fund raising advice when you get relegated in a couple of seasons.

1000010029-01.jpeg

F4nLxW8XIAAVAZ2.jpg_large.jpg

Just now, North West said:

Only tenious link to murder is your team neebs.

Oh wow look what's crawled out the woodwork. Away back and play with the kids in the North West Stand and your pathetic train that you roll out.

One win in 8 vs a shitey Pars team.

5 losses on the spin. 

The players are playing with zero confidence and I don’t know what’s going to change it.

I’m not a coach but I certainly wouldn’t be persevering with a formation that clearly doesn’t work.

Corr would play instead of Murray for me.

Matthews would start.

Turner would be shipped back to the highlands. Should never have been signed.

I ain’t a one for being a drama queen but this is a crisis. The last two games have been some of the worst I’ve seen in years and we're going backwards at an alarming rate. Every ounce of feel good factor has been sucked out of the fan base these last few weeks.

We’ve went from being top of the league and in two cups to out of both them and potentially 9 points behind in a few days time. 

On current form it’ll be fighting for fourth which is unacceptable with the start to the season and squad that’s been assembled. 

IMG_3755.jpeg

39 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

I really like Ross Matthews, but he's not as good as Brown and Byrne, surely that's obvious? 

No, not to me. With Brown & Byrne we never control a game, or give ourselves a solid platform to build from, their lack of passing range means we just lump the ball forward with far to much frequency and the game becomes back and forward, where early season we won the odds and now we are losing the odds. Matthews can control a game with his passing as was seen albeit far too briefly against Inverness but the platform was there to give the attacking players better possession of the ball rather than fighting for scraps all the time. I think if you asked the actual forward players you would get a similar response as to who they would prefer as their teammate. But in the end there is no right answer only opinions.